South Bay Boat and Tackle

kstitan8

On 9/22/2018 at 12:12 AM, brokenrodtip said:

Krux5506 I’m confused about your comments about South Bay not knowing the difference between 24v and 12v systems. I’m betting they know the difference from my personal conversations with them. But if you know soo much about putting batteries in series and know so much about 24v systems then when didn’t you install it yourself? One should not blindly criticize and bash a business online especially if your just being a YouTube hero. You maybe giving them a bad review just because you are not knowledgeable. On a side note South Bay is about the only tackle shop with a decent lake tackle selection left here in Rochester

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I really have no reason to make anything up, I already stated that I like the owners and their shop but that conversation 3 or so years ago is what made me go elsewhere for service. I wasn't going in there to argue with anyone, I was inquiring as a customer what I wanted done with my boat, which literally was to upgrade my trolling motor to a 24v and thus needing two 12volt trolling motor batteries rigged in a series along with heavier gauge wire from the TM to batteries... I was told by one of those twins that I needed a 24volt battery to power a 24v trolling motor. I said no, that does not exist, hence the 12v series. He then told me "well I dunno, all i ever see is 12v trolling motors"....

They've since become an authorized Minn Kota repair center - That's great, I'm sure they've learned a lot since I first went there when they were starting out, and I'm not being sarcastic. As far as you claiming I'm trying to be a YouTube hero...WTF are you talking about?  Are you suggesting that because they didn't understand a 24v trolling motor at the time that I should've done it myself, even as a potential customer who was trying to pay to have it done? I'm not an expert dude, but I certainly know more now than I did the first season of having my first boat, and quite honestly with bigger upgrades I'd rather pay an expert to do the work. What exactly is wrong with that?

• Like 1

I really have no reason to make anything up, I already stated that I like the owners and their shop but that conversation 3 or so years ago is what made me go elsewhere for service. I wasn't going in there to argue with anyone, I was inquiring as a customer what I wanted done with my boat, which literally was to upgrade my trolling motor to a 24v and thus needing two 12volt trolling motor batteries rigged in a series along with heavier gauge wire from the TM to batteries... I was told by one of those twins that I needed a 24volt battery to power a 24v trolling motor. I said no, that does not exist, hence the 12v series. He then told me "well I dunno, all i ever see is 12v trolling motors"....

They've since become an authorized Minn Kota repair center - That's great, I'm sure they've learned a lot since I first went there when they were starting out, and I'm not being sarcastic. As far as you claiming I'm trying to be a YouTube hero...WTF are you talking about?  Are you suggesting that because they didn't understand a 24v trolling motor at the time that I should've done it myself, even as a potential customer who was trying to pay to have it done? I'm not an expert dude, but I certainly know more now than I did the first season of having my first boat, and quite honestly with bigger upgrades I'd rather pay an expert to do the work. What exactly is wrong with that?

[emoji106].. well said.

Thanks for letting me share.