My Flys are killing me

Stud flys.  blue hammer flys.  green hammer flys.  UV flys.  Pro Am flys. How in the HELL do you guys keep them organized?  They all look so dam similar to me in the package alone...let alone when they come out of the water or been hit a few times.  Im having a hell of a time keeping track of which fly is what.  Is there some simple way to keep they labeled or organized in some fashion so that when somebody on the radio says "put on a green stud fly" im actually putting out the correct fly?

Spoons and stick baits are much easier to distinguish between different colors and patterns.

• Like 1

I buy 3/4" tubing from Lowes and cut it down to size.  I put slits in each end, slide the leader through the tube until the treble hooks on the end of the tube.  Wrap the leader in the slits and it holds it in place for storage.  They fit nice in a Plano box with no dividers. 

For $13 at Michaels (Craft store) I bought a photograph organizer, granted that took a sale and coupon lol.  It is a clear plastic box with handle and 16 or so little clear plastic boxes that slide into slots.  I put my meat rigs and flys in the boxes.  I can put 2 or 3 rigs in one box, you just have to wrap them and be careful with the hooks.  I found a photo on the internet of it

image.thumb.png.d296c185513c63753b1c2aeee8107539.png

29 minutes ago, rolmops said:

I tend to use the damaged ones regardless of their names. If they are damaged, they have been hit and they will probably get hit again.

I agree. I have too many flies on board to remember the names, but I tend to remember the ones that get hit consistently and use them the most. If they don't produce, I'll switch them over to the other side rigger before I completely go to a different one, and go back to them for the next day.