Had a good day out in Mexico on a solo trip. Went 4 for 7. Mostly browns. 54524177580__B733946D-15A7-4734-8114-B4497F45AD74.JPGTemp seemed to be warmest east of the launch but started getting colder going north. 10-15ft of water. Anything bright seemed to take hits. This pink watermelon spoon was getting hits let and right. Fish were hitting sticks and spoons. Sry photos suck, wife says I need a selfie stick

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

We went out this morning, ended up 16/17 (best day I’ve had for Browns in the 3yrs I’ve been fishing Ontario). Natural colors did best for us, a J-9 rapala in natural perch and esmerelda bay rat were the hot baits. 12-18 fow, back 60-80 behind boards and spoons down 8ft back 75 also produced well.

Edited by FishingFool34
  • Like 1

Just now, Wish’n I was Fish’n said:

Just curious how you guys like to run setups on solo missions. Went out by my lonesome last weekend found it rather difficult in my small boat. Gongrats on the success btw 

I have a 72" shaft trolling motor with Ipilot so basically its my autopilot which is a must have for me running solo. I use it to change direction and my outboard for the main push.  Past that I use church tx-6 and tx-12 side planers for up high (instead of full planer board setups) and torepdo divers that clip to the line for the spoons.   I run 2 low and 1 high or vice versa.   If its rougher I run less lines.   On a bigger fish I may have to clear lines by sitting the hooked fish in a pole holder while I clear.  Its a challenge, but this is easier than when I run solo for kings offshore.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giz9219 said:

Fishing fool and fat trout both out of Mexico bay?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Yeah and we were in the same area.  I wouldn't say it's on fire everywhere in Mexico but there are some pockets of fish which is nice to see and one of my fish had alewives in it which was also nice to see.  You just have to find them and hope they turn on.  2 weeks ago I found fish in a different spot and and a lot of blank clear water in between. After today's wind and the coming forecast....who know where they will be. 

Unfortunately a lot of lamprey marks which was not nice to see, although a lot of the marks were old and not fresh.  Hopefully the lampreys are on a downturn and not an upswing.

Edited by Fat Trout
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Fat Trout said:

I have a 72" shaft trolling motor with Ipilot so basically its my autopilot which is a must have for me running solo. I use it to change direction and my outboard for the main push.  Past that I use church tx-6 and tx-12 side planers for up high (instead of full planer board setups) and torepdo divers that clip to the line for the spoons.   I run 2 low and 1 high or vice versa.   If its rougher I run less lines.   On a bigger fish I may have to clear lines by sitting the hooked fish in a pole holder while I clear.  Its a challenge, but this is easier than when I run solo for kings offshore.   

Seems auto pilot is a must. That was my struggle staying on track 

I’ve been fishing browns and kings solo out of a 17’ boat for the last 3 years without autopilot. It’s not that difficult, you just have to pay close attention to your direction at all times. And if it’s windy, don’t troll into the wind. The wind can have you sideways in seconds while you’re fighting a fish or setting lines so it’s best to go with it or at 90deg to it if it’s strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Just curious how you guys like to run setups on solo missions. Went out by my lonesome last weekend found it rather difficult in my small boat. Gongrats on the success btw 

No feedback steering is the cheapest improvement you can make to your boat while increasing your fishability going solo. The day I went fishing I was in my 16ft aluminum boat. Winds were wicked, granted they were coming from the east but there was absolutely no way I could fish without NFB steering solo. I still have to pay attention to the wheel but it’s not as constant. I can set up a three rod spread and maintain a straight line even if the winds blowing (more often than not). Without it.... if you let go of the wheel it’s all over lol!

Had a good day out in Mexico on a solo trip. Went 4 for 7. Mostly browns. 54524177580__B733946D-15A7-4734-8114-B4497F45AD74.thumb.JPG.7f9a266e61cad9149590e3e12f1c04d2.JPGTemp seemed to be warmest east of the launch but started getting colder going north. 10-15ft of water. Anything bright seemed to take hits. This pink watermelon spoon was getting hits let and right. Fish were hitting sticks and spoons. Sry photos suck, wife says I need a selfie stick

NICE!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app