x400 fish (70kHz) and P66 (50kHz/200kHz) interference?

Netbender

Good Day, I am currently running a P66 for my FF. As the P66 is dual mode 50/200 - and the x400 is at 70, will I have any issue if I mount the two transducers on the same transducer mounting plate on the starboard side? Currently P66 is mounted directly to transom, planning on pulling it off, installing the plate, then installing both the P66 and x400 transducers as far apart on the plate as possible (12 inch plate). X400 specs say anything within 20kMz of their 70kMz may be an issue. I would still like to utilize the 50kMz option on my FF. 

Anyone have this setup? Something close?

Thanks, Dave 

I am assuming that when you refer to a x400 you really mean a Fish Hawk X4 or X4D ?

I run an Airmar B60 50/200, which is the thru hull version of the P66, and  a X4 together on my boat and have never seen any interference between them.  I'm usually running both 50 and 200 kHz on a split screen.

I also have a Lowrance 83/200kHz transducer that is mounted only 5" away from the Fish Hawk and I will occasionally run it at 83kHz with no problems. I will see cross talk interference on my HDS units if I run both transducers at 200khz together but still not have any problems with the Fish Hawk.

I do have the Fish Hawk transducer mounted higher on the transom than the 83/200 so that it is a little above the bottom of the boat and it is not causing turbulence when I'm on plane

I sent fishhawk a picture of my transom and they made a suggestion but said it may help. Did't seem worth all the work for may help. Not their fault, the frequencies are just to close. 

One of the factors that may affect things is when someone has a CHIRP depth finder because the frequency range coverage of it could include the 70 khz frequency and this could occur regardless of the transducer placement; especially on smaller boat hulls (than say an ocean liner:lol:).

Edited by Sk8man

My garmin unit is a 77/200 hz . Like I said it doesn't bother all the time but on occasion it dose. I have a single transducer mounting plate on the boat. Space is limited because of the kicker. When it dose bother I switch freq for awhile and then turn it back to the lower freq. Most days it only happens once or twice. no my garmin is not a chirp unit. The people at fishhawk were very nice and responsive to my questions. Good luck,    Matt