for sale : usa 2001 Starcraft 170 superfisherman 17.5’ Honda 4 stroke

Have you looked up the book on this rig my friend? NADA your asking double high end!  There is actually a -615 deduction for it being under powered!

Not trying to be a dick, just being honest!  

Edited by samdawg
retracting statement some dont like honesty

Double?!?!? Heck its 15+ years old New retail when it was new was 17K with the right motor -  I been around boats all my life That Boat is grossly under powered! Oh it will take you fishing, but you better know how to ride out a blow should you get caught!  

Lets be real 4000 to top  end 5K if its really as clean as it looks! usually when you get up close 15 years of even sitting in a garage is going to show wear! 

On 4/21/2018 at 7:20 AM, samdawg said:

Have you looked up the book on this rig my friend? NADA your asking double high end!  There is actually a -615 deduction for it being under powered!

Honesty is best when it's requested. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, samdawg said:

That means your only honest when you want to be or someone asks you to be! WOW

So the OP is misguided in your opinion but your 1963 boat for $4K in this same forum is totally logical.  Right.  There's no need for me to post that on your ad any more than for you to post negative views here.     The market will decide for both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fat Trout said:

So the OP is misguided in your opinion but your 1963 boat for $4K in this same forum is totally logical.  Right.  There's no need for me to post that on your ad any more than for you to post negative views here.     The market will decide for both.

Agreed.

That MFG is worth less than half what he's asking per NADA.  Yet people were polite and kept their comments to themselves.

To the OP, your price is fine given how it is equipped.  Those are great boats.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:20 AM, samdawg said:

you might not be trying to, but you sure act like one

• Like 3

Sometimes we see pricing that is WAY out there on this forum and I get the ribbing that often ensues. This is ad does not appear to be way out there tho. Its nice to see our membership stick up for one another. Good luck with your sale. If i wasn't closing on a house next month id buy this boat... its just what im looking for! Bet that honda trolls down nice. [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nada I looked up was $5800 probably with a 2 stroke and no down Riggers?think it’s fair priced looks to be in great shape!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Last I knew there were 2 facts.
You can’t sell a boat to NADA and you can’t buy a boat from NADA.
Looks like a cool boat to me.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 10:43 AM, eyesncoke said:

Aren’t there rules on bashing people’s classified ads? Let’s all be friends here boys

It was addressed   

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

In my experience with boats, age means nothing compared to condition. Boats in Colder climates sometimes get limited use. Case in point, my rig pictured below. 1996 17ft. super fisherman with a 90 hp. 2-stroke. It's either on the water, or stored inside.  This is a 23 year old boat, original paint and well taken care of. 

NADA is a rough guide only.  Photo taken last year

IMG_0702.thumb.JPG.81d736d652270ed7bae3f8193c51bcb0.JPG

Edited by J.D.
  • Like 2

BUC is the source most banks and others use when looking for a closer true market value of a used boat.

That 50HP Honda is a desirable motor and holds its value well, especially with the low hours. The boat looks to be well cared for. 

Edited by JSfish
  • Like 1