Whaler is correct.   As to the "dredging"  it was postponed for 2017 due to the high water,  I am sure you guys remember that.
There was a 5 mph speed limit within 600 feet of shore, as well.

Coming into Braddock on plane might be what the lawyers call reckless, what makes the damages incurred a "self inflicted hardship."

There were only 3 well attended public meetings on the project 

http://www.lrb.usace.army.mil/Missions/Civil-Works/District-Projects/Braddock-Bay/
Ok everyone, we can now let whoever dedged that God awful channel off the hook because "maybe" everyone that went through there was going mach speed!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Too bad this thread can't be sent to a responsible legislator. Obviously there is a real problem there that needs to be corrected. It is unfortunate that it seems to take threatened or activated lawsuits after injuries to get attention and correction to things like this now days.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

Too bad this thread can't be sent to a responsible legislator. Obviously there is a real problem there that needs to be corrected. It is unfortunate that it seems to take threatened or activated lawsuits after injuries to get attention and correction to things like this now days.

I will gladly take it to whom ever will resolve the issues....... In the mean time maybe the media would like to start the ball rolling ???

18 hours ago, mr 580 said:

X2 with Whaler-no new news on this story.  I kept my boat in Braddocks from 1983 to 1988.  Channel was always a challenge especially in a NE wind and you had to pull early.  With prices going up and the lake access issues, I decided to get out and trailer instead.  When I was in Rochester for Easter, I drove through the marina.  Scratched my head then about the investment going on without any major changes to permanently remedy the depth and silt issues for lake access.

I had a friend who kept his boat at Braddock in the early 80's, and the " channel"  was squirrely then.  There has never been a well established channel, at least since the trolley line went away.  T my knowledge, Steve Gibbs was the last one to dredge out there, part of what put him out of business out there.  Determining the responsible " who" for the alleged pipe could be a real challenge, too.  

I was understanding that the project was built around moving the new channel and clearing all the old garbage out of the bay. This is why they are paying for a new groin jetty and have budgeted for continued dredging.

I don't know where you got your information, but that weblink to the USACE site will show you all the correct information , and it has been out there since the inception of the project.  The project is being paid for out of the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, a Federal funding stream that had money for habitat work in Areas of Concern.  It did NOT contain funding for navigation projects.  The only reason that any dredging was built in was to obtain native sand for building up the barrier structure.  When you are talking to your legislative connection, maybe you can get them to find money for  a navigation project out there, but for the last quite a few years there has not been any identified.  Remember what it took to get the Genesee River, which is a Federal navigation project, or the Irondequoit Bay mouth, also a Federal project, dredged the last time.