Rod holders for dipsy rods

i personally will only use ratcheting rod holders for divers now.no leaning over the boat struggling to get the rod out of the holder. i have big jons on one boat and berts on the other. i like both

like what was stated above,ratcheting is the way to go which ever brand you buy,we use big jons,never had a problem,just picked up a new pair off amazon for 80 bucks each,105 for the multi-axis,made to fit in a track

i have the cannon single axis holders and tracks. i like the single axis because you can do smaller side to side adjustments up to 70 degrees. i love the one hand operation on the cannon. just squeeze the holder and put them down or raise them while holding the rod with the other hand. then just grab the rod and lift to ratchet them back up and lift the rod out.

if i was looking to buy now i would look at the traxstech ratcheting holder. my cannon holders has like 5 or 6 up and down adjustments. the traxstech has 17 adjustments up and down, but takes both hands to put them down. and the cost is around 125.00 each. the cannon is 78.00 for single axis 88.00 for double axis. and i love my cannons.

17 hours ago, hookedupf7 said:

I have older big Jon rod holder. They have single post. I’m trying to figure how retro fit them to a track system. Any ideas?

Trax-tec sell a base plate that you can use to mount accessories. I used them to mount my older rod holders for my tracks.

https://www.traxstech.com/product-p/a-600-6.htm

I don't have a trax system. So i made my own rod holders out of steel chain link fence rail. welded them up. I stick them in the boats existing holes/rodholder on the gunwhales. Later I had to modify them to make it easier to get the rod out.

Stoneam can I get a pic of that

Here's pic of one I had in garage that was a mess up (wrong hole location ) mine were Tite Lok holders

2 outer most holes were for tapped 1/4-20 for thumb screws to lock in place on tracks

The middle hole was tapped 3)8-16 and is what ties down rod holders to plate

The 2 holes outside the middle hole is for the Tite Lok rotation washer that controls it from spinning when locked into place

Pic in next post wouldn't let me edit it here

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app