If This Is Global Warming...

I honestly think we dodged a bullet. At least around where I’m at. The ice storm back in 91 was as about as bad as it could get and that was a 30yr menace from the last one being in the 60’s I think. So we’re getting close for another one like that one of these years. Was praying it wasn’t going to be last night! I’m with ya Todd, ready for some warmer temps!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I'm with you on that 91 ice storm. We were without power for 5 days in that damp March cold and frozen everything....sure don't look forward to doing it again anytime soon:lol:

2 hours ago, Todd in NY said:

I hope I never live to see the next ice age!

This is the most freezing rain/sleet/wintry mix I've ever seen in April. Everything is coated with white ice, including the roads.

Oh come on now. You are living in the part of NY that is closest to the North Pole. You should be used to this.

We had the 1998 ice storm up here that was mentioned as one of the storms of the century. That was January 6th or so, and some people were without power for up to 5 weeks. It looks like we have a good 1/2" of ice already and it's still coming down. This doesn't compare to the 1998 ice storm, but this is April 15th for goodness sake. Jefferson county hasn't dodged this bullet, but I'm glad it's not as bad as it was forecasted to be.

Rolmops, there is no getting used to ice storms:shake:, especially in the middle of APRIL.

Thats it, I'm returning my calendar for a full refund :lol: . It says April, but we are still stuck in February.

Edited by Todd in NY

39 minutes ago, rolmops said:

You are right Todd. I remember what Oswego looked like in '98. It was a complete mess.

Lady O is a fickle mistress.

Absolutely! 2018 has been a crazy weather year so far. I hope we start to see some "normal" weather the rest of the year so we can get some good fishing in.

That's true. I usually get a bad feeling about spring if we have a warm January or February. It has snowed here too many time in early May, and it ruined our apple blossoms, hence no apples for those summers.

In 98 we here in NE Pa. were paralyzed by that ice storm we didn’t have power over a week and my dad didn’t get power for 3 week!! I was still in business for myself and got wind that Home Depot was bringing a tractor trailer load of generators and I jumped in my truck with chains on all 4 corners and battled my way over to Chris Pines Fire House and bought 3, generators 1 for my dad, myself and my Mother & Father in law. Grabbed my chain saw and a chain, I had to cut my way through the trees to get over to dads. He was in a area that every tree that was standing was laying on the ground or wires. I remember Power Companies from other states were headed to NY State as you guys got hammered!!! The remnants of the storm was still noticeably in the early weeks of May. The BRB campground sent letters out that they wouldn’t be opening till the first week of May. We and a lot of others suffered major damage to our trailers, we had a branch go through the roof and the floor and of course my bed room end but luckily not through my bed!!! Yupper yesterday it was 86 and today it’s 36* gee I wonder why everyone has a snoot full of cold, hacking and spitting around.:puke: 

Just goes to show me that I should not put the boat away in the fall if the weather is nice. A crappy spring can shorten your season. Our winters are too long, summers too short as it is.

Absolutely! That's why I sold my I/O boat and bought my aluminum Sabre with an outboard. I can extend my fishing season by simply not being forced to winterize my outboard. A couple years ago my son and I were able to fish on December 25th in our 16ft boat. It was in the mid 40's, and we had the lake all to ourselves :lol:

1225151449.thumb.jpg.67ab6a5ae4bb3d883c0e17c625eed5ae.jpg

Edited by Todd in NY

We've had snow every day this week so far, plus the ice storm this past weekend. I'm getting tired of waking up to new snow every morning. The night time lows from tonight thru Sunday night range from 24-29 degrees. More snow in the forecast today and tomorrow (Friday).