Not a bad weekend for a rookie

Started out at 600am, We fished mostly 80-120, We landed two out of 6, I took the old lady she had a ball, Two of the fish we lost end up getting mashed up with the other lines out or wraping around the downriger cables, Should i be comming to a complete stop and getting in all the lines or keep trolling , I noticed most of the other boats don't pull in all the other lines????.

TAGMAN

Dont stop the boat, if anything just slow down...To pull lines or not is usually a crew decision...If you happen to be new to the game pulling in all your lines is not a bad idea...You'll land more fish with out obstacles in the water and because your doing more rigging you'll become faster and better at re-deploying the spread...

I personally will not bring in any lines that are not connected to the fish (copper and lead-core down the chute is the exception but is still left out if possible) being fought but a Captain I fish with wants every-line brought in and another person I fish with would cut your throat for bringing a line in that did'nt need to...

So, its really up to you, if you believe the lines in the water are going to cost you a fish pull'em and send it back out after you land your fish...

Thanks guys for your inputt, The way my boat is set up i have my riggers on the sides and i run my dipseys off the back, with one flat line in the middle, The biggest fish of the day last week i had at the side of the boat, He took one last dive under the boat and wrapped himself around the rigger cable,

Tagman

Your set up is the reverse of most boats and I think running 2 dipseys and a flat line or lead core off the back will always give you problems. I run 1 core off the back riggers off the back in the corners and a dipsy out on each side at a 2 setting to get them away from the boat if I am running everything. If I get a big one on the rigger I will clear that side dipsey and slow turn the boat to that side to keep him clear of the other lines.

good luck