I am thinking about running a copper set up and i just have a few questions, 1 Do you run flashers with copper or a diving type of lure, Would you run a j plug or j plug with a flasher, Do you use a leader of mono line of the copper????

TAGMAN

run what you want off the copper , It is just a old timers methoud for getting your presention down and away (back) from the boat.yes to mono 25ftish is how mine came rigged from atomic.but shorter or longer will work.Like Musky said on the stopping thing it ant the smartest move .now if you have a walkaround center councel boat you could stop after clearing all lines and riggers just keep it outa the prop .and dont stop if your in a pack of boats for obvious reasons.usually a played fish wont run the cables .if the fish comes to the surface its usually ready to be brought in.but if it comes at the boat (charges) and is down several feet you better get those riggers up cause that fish is green and is gonna give you a few exciting moments under ,around,infront and then back behind the boat before you realise what happened.

You can run anything behind copper because the copper is the diving mechanism itself so your lure does not need to dive at all...I have a big preference for flashers on copper as all I really ever try and catch are kings...

While I know Reel Jerks has caught kings with a j-plug behind a flasher I have never tried so I cant comment but maybe he'll chime in and give you his findings but a clean J off the copper will take fish...

Yes, I typically use a 50' mono lead off the copper, I have preferences for longer leads while some people I know use 30' or less...Personal preference it seems, but a longer leader will keep fishing longer just because when you get that 5 inch's of frayed line above the swivel from your latest battle, you can cut and tie many times before the leader gets to short to keep fishing...

Stan,

copper is an effective set up. I don't know how deep you are fishing browns but a copper setup with Stinger spoons will get browns. Copper will get you down 22' for every 100' of copper in the water. Some of my favorite brown spoons are froggy glow, NBK, tuxedo, green dolphin and the dirty whiteboy.