Probably had the spread in the water by 6:45 quit at 2 and we were 6/10 with mature kings...Weighed one at 28.5 with a scale that shows 1 pound lighter than the LOC station we always go to and I dumped one at the net just as big...The rest were solid 18-20's...We doubled up at one point on our wires and a triple with 1 on the 8 color, 1 rigger and a wire...

Best location was right off the river in 40-60' with fish coming on a 8 color core, wires out 35-85' and riggers 20-35' down...Some cold water in their as I believe at 35' I had 50-52 degrees and down 45' I had 41-43...No fish were caught by us in the colder water...

Lures of choice in the spoon category were the pearl and black yeck, a NK 28 green/glow with lazer ladder and the hot set-ups were 8 inch white e-chips with atomik white halo and Triple K fly...Spin docs were slow yesterday but the 2 spinny fish hit the white/green edge with the silver back with a atomik mirage fly and the other the 42nd combo from atomik...

50' foot leads off the riggers were best and our best down-speed was 2.4-2.7...We did take the first of the triple going 3.0 at the ball, but we slowed it down a touch to 2.6-2.7 then doubled, slowed it down some more 2.3.-2.4 and tripled so thats the range we tried to fish...

Good luck to those who make it out over the week, lots of nice fish waiting to be tempted just hang in their and keep changing until things start to fit together...

Thanks Yankee...

We had 5 in the water at one point but did best when we had 2 on the divers and 2 on the riggers...

This was on High Voltage as I do the rigging when we fish and for the Pro-Ams...We saw you out their yesterday and I believe the horn was blown for ya a few times...

Thanks Again...

Slimy and YT,

Thanks to you both for some very informative reports for this past weekend - nice to have good information with spread, lures, temp/speed, etc. instead of just "numbers".

Kudos to you both and thanks....

- Chris

Hello Slimy Hooks,

I fish lake Champlain and believe it or not , if you catch a 21 inch Atlantic Salmon , its a slighty above average fish. So I am ready to bring my 185 Aqua Sport Center Console fishing machine to Mexico Bay for some of those big Kings but cant get there until October. How is the fishing for Kings, Coho's Browns and Steelhead in the lake in October. I have never fished Ontario.

Thanks

MikeP

Plainfield Vermont

Mike,

Never fished Champlain but from seeing it on TV its a gorgeous area and it would be awesome to catch 21 inch atlantic's as I have only ever caught 1 and thats about how big it was...The closest I have come to fishing in Mexico Bay is fishing out of Oswego so it would be hard for me to give you some helpful hints but I am sure plenty of people here can offer you their advice...Best I can say is there should still be some salmon off the river mouth and you should find some browns and steelhead mixed in as October is closer to when they start to run...I'd say come up if you can and troll the river mouth but hopefully the guys that fish out their regularly can chime in...

Ecarter,

It seems like your fishing by the Salmon River so the Genny is pretty much an hour and a half west of you...Right in the center of Rochester...Genny gets a very, very good run of fish but the Salmon River has more numbers of fish than we get I believe...

Thanks for the report, Slimy. It helps the less knowledgeable like me figure out what we might have done wrong. My brother and I fished over there Sat. and Sun. morning with just one brown and steelhead to show for it. We marked fish up and down the column but based on your report we probably were set too shallow. I think we only ran one line down more than 35' and that probably wasn't for long. Maybe some day I'll be able to use a temp. probe. My leads off the riggers were not very long, either, mostly 20-25'.

MarkG

ECarter

Thanks for the information . I have a feeling I'll be fishing the mouth of Salmon river and the bay in October. Champlain is beautiful and shared by NY and VT. In November (best month) the Atlantics really start hitting . Its not uncommon to catch 20 a day (schooled up) if you can stand the cold. Only one or two boats on the water that time of year where I fish off Charlotte. Everybody goes hunting. My 185 Osprey is not enclosed, just a binimi top. The average is 20-21 inches of acrobatic fish. My first mate did catch the 7th largest salmon in this years LCI (biggest tournament) on fathers day at 26 inches and 6.25 lbs (lamprey problem). Not much though when compared to the giant fish you have in Mexico Bay. Summer is always slow so May , June october, Nov and Dec are the best. MikeP, Plainfield , Vermont