Traxstech/Berts Net holders

tj13825

Is anyone using the track mounted net holders? I think this may be the way to go while trolling putting one on each side near the windshield of the boat for both nets. The nets are large salmon and trout nets with 8' octagon extension handles. Do you like them? At 15" deep how well do they support the net handle? Do you remove the nets while underway? $120 for a couple net holders is kind of pricey to find out I don't like them. I like to keep the nets extended while fishing, don't mind breaking them down to move.

tl;

I have been running two Traxtech net holders mounted as you are thinking of doing for the last 5 yrs.  They have been very effective, & work great.  I take the nets down when under way.

good luck;

John

Thanks John,

I was hoping someone would say they liked them. I do see used ones go up for sale a lot and it concerned me that people don't like them. I found pretty good prices on a couple of new Cisco net holders same design, and I can get them in gold like my tracks. I sent them an e-mail to see if they are as tall as the Traxstech and Berts ones. I know Cisco makes nice rod holders.

Terry

I have 2 Traxstech I bought used on EBay for about $25 each. They don’t come up very often at that price. I use them every trip. Sometimes I keep the net in underway, and sometimes I don’t, but they always double as an extra rod holder for storage. If I were buying new, I would buy Cisco. I have mostly Cisco rod holders on my boats - blue and black.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United