BRADDOCKS BAY WARNING UPDATE

From what I was told, and saw for myself yesterday, there is at least one boulder in the west side of the channel just north of the wall.  At least one of them has some pretty good gouges in it. Must have dropped it, and it rolled, while they were building the wall.  There are markers on it now, just a little late for some.

It is a cutterhead type dredge and pump system.  The pipe carries the sand slurry back to the breakwall.  According to the project manager for USACE, who I spoke with yesterday, the dredging will be completed by July 1 if they can maintain  schedule.  They will still be working on completion of the breakwalls, and the on completion of an area of emergent marsh being built where there has especially bad damage to the marsh.  The they are done.  Maintenance of the project and "channel" is Town of Greece responsibility after construction completion.

• Like 1

It is a cutterhead type dredge and pump system.  The pipe carries the sand slurry back to the breakwall.  According to the project manager for USACE, who I spoke with yesterday, the dredging will be completed by July 1 if they can maintain  schedule.  They will still be working on completion of the breakwalls, and the on completion of an area of emergent marsh being built where there has especially bad damage to the marsh.  The they are done.  Maintenance of the project and "channel" is Town of Greece responsibility after construction completion.
So you're speaking with Ms. Hunt from the USACE ...? The taxpayers have foot the bill now it's up to the town of Greece, to fix it !!!! Let see if they step up.
My bet is she'll be closed up within 6 months.
Great duck hunting though

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

17 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Greece is under no obligation to maintain the channel and has never done much to maintain it in the past.  

The agreement between the Town and the prior marina operator required the marina to maintain the "channel."  He did what he could but had some problems.  As you and others have pointed out in the past, this is not an established channel that is marked on navigation charts.  

So when are they going to remove the rocks/debris all around the Danger bouys?   

On 6/21/2018 at 12:46 PM, whaler1 said:

From what I was told, and saw for myself yesterday, there is at least one boulder in the west side of the channel just north of the wall.  At least one of them has some pretty good gouges in it. Must have dropped it, and it rolled, while they were building the wall.  There are markers on it now, just a little late for some.

20180608_172805.thumb.jpg.96e353ee35e72f955912aa5979d8e1f5.jpg20180606_152044.thumb.jpg.9caf69f2a3d4473ed69c0d8666432de3.jpg20180620_130638.thumb.jpg.0d2ad424a6339d8d7d2ddf3d02479e12.jpg2017-10-02.thumb.jpg.58872d929900e08e55e95ca4ce5f0526.jpgOk...dredge is making good headway.  They have marked where the big boulders are on the west side of channel.

I am fortunate in that I keep my boat up Buttonwood Creek...so channel isn't that much of a concern.

But...here's a current fishing report...bass and pike fishing  continues to be good up at the creek mouths and bridges...spinner baits and crank baits have shown good results..bass up to 4lbs+..pike up to 10lbs+

Bay also producing well on days the lake winds allow it

Water temps are what I would consider cool for this time of year both in lake..bay..and creeks.

Sheephead have moved in pretty good in bay...up to 10lbs...if you start getting good solid pops and nothing to show for it..it's them ;-)...when a big one pops it the fun will begin.

Coopers still gets a lot of pressure so you have to get lucky with timing. As with Braddock area in general Coopers is just starting to moss up.

Water continues to be up at a good pool, so there are many spots still very fishable

Good luck ya'all.

BTW...shout out to Lucky 13 very informative website

Ty ;-)

Edited by lessmess
forgot pics :-)
  • Like 1

Am I not supposed 2 be using this for fishing reports or Braddock info ..please let me know I'll delete it all..and of course my apologies if this the case?

Absolutely no issue. Keep posting reports, my boys have been doing really well on Bass and Pike. Braddocks is awesome, just is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice fish. Nothing like a good bass and pike day.

Dredge is working at night and in the rain. Got an excavator w thumb working on the rock pile now.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

35 minutes ago, lessmess said:

Am I not supposed 2 be using this for fishing reports or Braddock info ..please let me know I'll delete it all..and of course my apologies if this the case?

.Keep posting. You seem to be be to make it thru the channel without a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an fyi. The dredge is out with the pipe going from the channel to the SW where the tall trees - new lagoon was constructed.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United