BRADDOCKS BAY WARNING UPDATE

Just an fyi. The dredge is out with the pipe going from the channel to the SW where the tall trees - new lagoon was constructed.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

WHEC did a story on it tonight.  They Interviewed our own Tom Barbera about all the repair work keeping him busy.

http://www.whec.com/news/dozens-of-boats-damaged-from-channel-into-lake-ontario-/4982599/?cat=565

Great stuff! Tommy’s the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

For those of  you who aren't able to read the USACE information on the project, the dredge is finishing up by pumping sand from the borrow area to fill the "new lagoon" which  is actually an additional wetland area on the plans.  This is stone edged, and will actually be shallow emergent plants, so please be careful, don't run your boat into it 2 or 3 times.  

1 hour ago, Lucky13 said:

For those of  you who aren't able to read the USACE information on the project, the dredge is finishing up by pumping sand from the borrow area to fill the "new lagoon" which  is actually an additional wetland area on the plans.  This is stone edged, and will actually be shallow emergent plants, so please be careful, don't run your boat into it 2 or 3 times.  

The people were running into a boulder in the channel and this spring a steel pipe that was sticking up not the stone edge.  If a channel is marked, it should be clear of obstruction inside of the channel markers. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

The people were running into a boulder in the channel and this spring a steel pipe that was sticking up not the stone edge.  If a channel is marked, it should be clear of obstruction inside of the channel markers. 

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!!!!!

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

I went out if Braddock’s this past Sunday. Was less than 5 feet deep all the way from the state/county launch to the lake. I could be mistaken but wasn’t the channel supposed to be complete by now?

I'm flabbergasted...(just learnt that word)...with all the BS going on with that place it amazes me that anyone still uses it. I think it's so we have something to **** about. Has to be.

Went out yesterday for a ride and the west side of the channel is still a mess. You can literally still see boulders 1 1/2 feet under the surface. If you use the channel stay the east and trimmed up. I run my kicker at surface just to make sure........ Total joke

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 3:27 PM, ARA said:

Well another year and another trashed outdrive.   Thanks to the dredge boat parked in the middle of the channel.   Only way out is go west of the dredge boat - right where all the crap is.    How the hell can they get away with this? An how can Marinas charge money in an un navigable bay.    Thanks for nothing!

Did you hit something that wasn’t marked?