aluminium boat prices

Guest ReelDiel

Guest ReelDiel

went to the sportsman show today in buffalo.....man boat prices are crazy a 16' alumacraft with a 90hp $16,900..is it me or is that crazy....the starcraft 18' with a 115 was $30,000. :shock: thats a hell of a lake boat or am i crazy or cheap ;)

Guys, being in manufacturing myself, I hate to see prices raise as much as the next guy. However, with the flucuating prices of raw materials and petro,- fuel surcharges and such, that is what unfortunately we must expect. The prices of some materials, is like playing the stock market. A confirmation of this can be try checking what some scrap metals are going for. Anyways, reeldiel, best of luck if you decide to make the plunge. In all honesty, I agree with you that those seem out of line, but with all things considered and mentioned, I don't see any deflation in sight.

The wife and I went to the Syracuse show with the intent of making a deal on the 19ft. Starcraft fishmaster. We couldn't believe how much the prices went up. :shock: :shock: I just bolted a new Traxstech track system on the old Starcraft and will add a new Furuno sonar in a few weeks and keep the other $25,000 in the bank. I can't justify that kind of money to fish one day a week.

JD Im not getting any younger and the fishing probably wont get any better.I made the plunge a couple yrs ago and took out a 2nd mortgage on the house.I seen the Islander back against the wall 30k. It seems like yesterday they were 19k. The Trophy's were over 30 also.

Yea, it seems like new boats are getting top dollar, but go and try to sell your used boat at a reasonable figure. Everybody wants to steal your used boat. Speaking of Fishmaster 19's, I think there been one on GLangler for quite awhile. Very nice looking late model boat with a Honda on it. Wish it was for sale when I bought my boat.

Shellback, I saw the boat you're talking about. That boat has more hours on it than I'd like. I'm turning 50 in 2 weeks and wanted to get one more new rig as my "retirement boat", not that I'm ever going to stop working. I've caught lots of fish out of my 17ft. deep vee the last 10 years, and dropping 30K to get a foot wider and 3 feet longer didn't make much sense to me. My wife, on the other hand wants to bite the bullet and go for it. She has no trouble spending money.. :lol::lol::lol: ...... One of the hardest things in life to learn is "when is enough, enough ?" Bigger house, bigger trucks, bigger boats, 200+ cable stations, plasma screen TV's, gota have, gota have, gota have............

It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you have..........

J.D., it is called "2 foot itus" the boat is always 2 foot to short. The one thing you have going for you is that your better half is game. As you stated, many fish are taken from small boaters. My first boat was a 16 foot Starcraft. I took alot of fish from it as well. But on many days it was limited to mother nature however. You would have the peace of mind fishing from a little larger vessel as well. Irregardless, whether you buy new or used, which there are many very good used boats out there, best of luck if you decide to purchase.