Natural color spoons.

This may be a silly question for some of you seasoned vets,but coming from a rookie who wants to learn how to catch more fish on the big lake i gotta ask it. What color spoons are considered natural colored spoons? My thought would be silver black gold brown, but Some people post natural colors also bein greens and blues.  So pretty much what im asking is if i was spring brown fishing in gin clear water what “natural” color combinations would you guys reach for first.  I understand theres alot of factors that may go into play when deciding a color but kinda lookin to be pointed in a direction of colors.  Thanks.  Mike 

Gin clear conditions are tough I find down sizing to small scorpion size spoons in plain silver or brown trout patterns any pattern that actually represents a small locally found fish. This is what works best for me. I am sure that some of these Great Captains on this site will help you out further

I understand your looking for a mud line or green water. I was moreless useing clear gin water as an example to know what colors would be considered natural colors.  But thanks for the info that 95% of the time u wont find fish in clear water.   Thats good to know so i dont waste any time and try to get on the fish. 

• Like 1

Scott is right look for stained water... If I find myself in gin water, I do exactly that... Naturals...
Alewifes are Silver ish... So black and white or black and silver... Smaller baits....
Green and Silver is also a forage fish color...
Brown could be a goby color...
The thing is, run long leads away from the boat ...gin clear water makes the fish spooky.

Sent from my VS987 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Gold backed spoons, smaller in size, extra long leads, stickbaits in black/silver and brown/gold are my go to for clear water. But as stated above clear water is TOUGH

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...

I fish the central UP shores of Lake Superior.  Clear water is the norm.  I may have a silver and black Rap or Bomber out.  I fish bright colors.  Flo orange, UV pinks, Yellows.  I will also run whites or blacks.  Maybe our browns are dumber, Flourocarbon leaders and small snaps.

I do not do well with the bright greens though, including firetiger.