Wille Side-Liner Planer Boards?

Has anyone used or owned a set of these inline planer boards? What are your thoughts on them? It looks like the line "release" is different than on newer boards. Do they track well with deep diving baits? Are the comparable to Church Walleye board or Off-Shore boards?

Has anyone used or owned a set of these inline planer boards? What are your thoughts on them? It looks like the line "release" is different than on newer boards. Do they track well with deep diving baits? Are the comparable to Church Walleye board or Off-Shore boards?

Willy boards are dinosaurs compared to the newer Church or Offshore boards. However, they track very well pulling "brown trout sticks" or "buckshot rigs" and I run them every spring.
Not big enough for anything more than a 2 color core though but they are great boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the info Paul! I found a pair of them new in package so I was curious about their quality. I know Wille made some good equipment back in it's day, so I had a feeling they we're decent boards for walleye and brown trout.

I use Wille sideliners for pulling short cores. They work well. They have BB rattles in them also. I believe Big Jon makes these same planer boards now.

Edited by Tyee II

6 minutes ago, Tyee II said:

I use Wille sideliners for pulling short cores. They work well. They have BB rattles in them also. I believe Big Jon makes these same planer boards now.

Thanks for the reply. Come to think of it, I think Big Jon took over Wille planer board reels.