rubber bands

I use the lightest bands I can get and put them in a Black's release. Even so, I keep the Blacks loose so that it trips before the band breaks. Another option would be the new Chamberlain releases. Those could be the ticket for 15 inch LL's and small trout. You also must watch the rod tips and any bounce, release it from the boat.

Paul

I would try the new Chamberlain releases they are great releases. I went fishing Friday out here in New Hampshire on Lake Winni. using 6 lb test line and they worked flawlessly. I used to use bands and black releases but I have been using these all year. they work great on the big lake O also they are a little $$ but they are worth it in my opinion

Yes I do - the rubber bands are very small gauge (1/32"). The #16 or #18 bands are the same gauge, just longer. Just set the release tight and you'll be fine and they'll break no problem.

Good luck...

- Chris

rubber bands work well ,but ive found if you put a ten ft piece of mono with a rubber band on each end you can feel the fish better then just toss in the mono when it starts to frey.and another trick is to take a styrafoam coffee cup tie a short piece of line with a couple splitshots to it and throw it in the water to get you back to a good hot spot .kinda like the markers bass guys use only you dont have to waste time at the end of the day and pick them up.

Ray;

Spoken like a true plumber. 1/4" pitch in 10 feet & you are good to go!!!!!!! Just remember to use your rectal thermometer correctly, it is not interchangeable!!!!! Don't eat the yellow snow, that's where the huskies go according to Frank Zappa!!!!!!!!

Iceman -

Great point about littering the lakes, but pretty much every time when I rig with the rubber bands, whether on a planer board or off the riggers, it's still attached to the main line after it breaks.

Nonetheless, you have a good point and I never really took the time to think of the potential "litter" possibility.

Thanks for the insight...you've made me think twice about using them

- Chris