I troll vs trollmaster

Get the itroll, its infinitely adjustable as compared to the trollmaster.  The hunt mode works well but is not adjustable on the fly while you are using it. You have to set the parameters up on hunt mode and then turn it on and hope they are right for the speeds you want.  If you want or need to change them you have to get out of hunt mode and re enter what you want.   If it was adjustable on the fly I would have paid extra for it after the free trial period.  The basic throttle control and other features work great  on my Yamaha 9.9 kicker.

My Trollmaster is terrible. Got it last summer. Doesn't give much speed control, you go from 45-46 and it jumps half a mile an hour which is worse than just using the tiller handle. I've read about upgrading the servo and such to make it more responsive but why should you have to?

And if that's not bad enough the screen died yesterday after less than a year.

I'll probably get an iTroll soon and be selling the Trollmaster cheap (if the screen starts working again)!

I already ordered the itroll. With the billet mount. I spoke to the owner. He can,t understand how the other companies hand unit is not waterproof. Super guy. Said they are rolling out I troll for large engines soon. My 150 Yamaha he said it would dial it down. I thanks you for the reply’s and can,t wait for it to get here. 

• Like 1

Get the remote "Idle/Run" Switch for your iTroll

We mounted this button at the back of the boat.  

We use it a couple of different ways. Sometimes when netting a fish and also just as a simple speed variation to try and trigger bites.

Its simple. Hit the switch and the kicker decreases RPM down to idle, hit it again and it returns to the previous setting. You can mount it almost anywhere on the boat.

Joel at iTroll has the by far beat out the competition. His product is not just very well made in the USA his costumer service is first rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I second that on Joel.

My understanding is control kings hand held controller is not waterproof. I may be wrong, correct me if the guarantee it to be waterproof. If not that’s just crazy. I fish in a boat and it’s wet sometimes. And it does rain.

I second that on Joel.
My understanding is control kings hand held controller is not waterproof. I may be wrong, correct me if the guarantee it to be waterproof. If not that’s just crazy. I fish in a boat and it’s wet sometimes. And it does rain.

It is in fact waterproof. Just don’t submerge the controller in a bucket of water. Weather wise, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Got my itroll last fall. Just used it last weekend. In hunt mode it did not move the throttle. I used the preprogrammed settings and those won't work, necessarily for your boat. I found that my throttle does not Begin to increase until the itroll is at 10 percent. So I went back in to program hunt modes and set my mins to be 10 to 15 percent. So now it will start the program at just over idle, and go up from there. So I recommend doing this before you leave, with a hose and your kicker warmed up and in forward gear. Turn itroll knob until rpm increases. Then note percentage on screen. Then reprogram the hunt modes to start there.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Garrymny. 

Thanks for that info. 

I finished hooking mine up last night. All I can say is if it works as good as it looks I will be thrilled. A bit to install but all of em are. The quality is absolutely the best. We got a machined mount and one inch ram ball. Billet blue. Now I can move to back with the quick slide mount they put on it. I will send more after we use it a bit. Thank you all for replies and to itroll for helping. .p.s  

• 1 month later...