Took the Grady out for the first time this year. Had to check the water pump replacement first. That was ok, not much of a stream out the telltale hole, but as I recall it never did. Ran around full throttle for a awhile, and had no overtemp warnings, so all is well. Both Motors ran perfect.

Trolled for two hours from 10 feet out to 100. Very muddy water, 37 degrees. Not a bite. Saw quite a few fish on my screens though, at all depths. Found out my new HDS 7 GEN 3 does not show depth reliably in shallow water. Disappointed with that. Kept losing the depth reading. Also need to learn how to program/calibrate my itroll.

Probably 10 rigs in the lot.

• Like 2

I went out of Olcott on Sunday as well.  3 hours. I got nothing but some nice sunshine.  And a nice afternoon with my sister.  Spoons.  Rapalas.  Nothing.  I spoke with one person who got 1.  I wonder why the water was so muddy?  Muddy on shore.  Muddy all the way as far as I fished.  That went out to 60 FOW. 

This time of year in Niagara County those crazy screen shots are usually Lakers or near creek inflows- adult gizzard shad.  Gizzards usually have an upward pointing hook on the graph so probably Lakers.  The water needs to clear up a bit before those hooks start snapping with regularity.  

We went out of Olcott yesterday from 1-4pm, went west towards Wilson, 18-22 FOW on the way out, water was 37-38.5 degrees, on the way back we ran 8-14 FOW and water temp got up to 41 in shallower, wasn’t muddy on the west side but green stained, I could see the Bay Rats for about 4-5 feet. Never touched a fish though and quite a few boats out.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Fished olcott Saturday and Sunday, Saturday trolled from olcott to somerset, got one 4 pound brown in 28 fow right in front of somerset. Turned and ran between Wilson and niagara to look for cleaner water, found gin clear water in 70fow, caught 3 lakers almost instantly and a small king trolling back in. Sunday the water wasn’t any better but picked up a 10lb brown after trolling from olcott all the way to Wilson.

49153453-F5C7-4752-844B-80B232AC67D1.jpeg

801F8ABA-96F6-47C8-B83E-B652D3AE0E77.jpeg

5A7D7D3C-3E7B-4CC1-9F05-89F06724CBD4.jpeg