Downrigger stacking, help

When I fish deep I have been known to put the first line on the ball and then stack a roamer up the cable 15 feet so you have 2 rods on that Downrigger then put the slider on the top rod so you cover as an example 110  bottom 95 stacker and then about 45 with the slider Beware this can result is a tangled mess but you do hook up more. 

Remember that the lake has changed and it is harder to hook up with just down riggers and take a hard look at the Chinook divers made of Stainless they are the best I have found for deep and spread out well
I'm nowhere near ready for that... Lol. I actually bought a few of the smaller Chinook divers to try out for browns. One run with them so far, no hits on them but they appeared to dive great.

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I played around with most of this last season. Was shown fixed and sliding cheaters by a few of the members here and they worked awesome. Almost always have them down. Free sliding is definitely the easiest but the (forgot the name) fixed cheater system that is a snap with a plasticy waxy type coating on the end that goes on main line so when you close it it holds location also was easy to use.

Also used a long line clip to a pinch pad release to stack another rod and found it more of a pita than running cheaters. Just more going on letting them down together and if either pops both have to come up to reset.

Haven't tried the chamberlin stackers but if they are anything like the regular releases I imagine they are hard to beat.

I find it alot of fun to try the different styles of rigging I have read about especially when the fishing is slow and I have time to experiment lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It’s all about personal preference and type of riggers you use. Stackers are the cheapest part of trolling. So grab one or two of each and try them out. If you want to pay shipping or meet up, I would donate a couple to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

I've used Offshore for 30 plus years the few times I do stack and still using them. Never had a problem holding just get a good bite on the cable. Usually as mentioned earlier I run free sliders more though.

6 hours ago, jigstick said:

a fixed slider is the way to go.  gets more lines in the water while skirting the 3 rods per person law.

Depends on your set up after you have about 8 to 10 lines out it starts getting complicated, and the experience of the crew

Comes into play as well.