Keuka Launch site

Last summer the motel launch in Hammondsport said he was going to stop launching and the state was going to have a south shore launch ramp by spring. Well, it’s spring. I haven’t been in Hammondsport this year and am looking for any fresh info.

The story I heard was that NYS was going to cut a deal to share the town launch site right next there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well these stories don’t match up well. Motel guy is giving up hundreds per month in summer.
He charges $10 to launch. That’s 15 launches..... once a month, three per month when bass are biting....
I don’t think so. There is a freebe by the ..!?,’@&$. that I’ll use when I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

$150 is too steep for me. I figured last year that NYS doing anything by spring would be lightning speed for them.
Urbana trying to make $15k off launch permits is a bit much to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Update as of May 6, no progress has been made on the launch site. Motel sticking to his May 20 quit date. He says the state is ready to roll but the town of Urbana simply won’t do anything to cooperate.
Town officials do not want any more of ‘us’ on ‘their’ lake and they are going to block any launching they can. The selling of $15k of permits tells me they do not intend to change a thing.
Recommendation is for everyone to phone the Urbana town clerk office and encourage some cooperation. Post their number here if you have it.

• 2 weeks later...

We used to laundh at the motel a lot, weekly for two years.  I am sure some one of us caused the problem.  His main interest of course is the motel and some noisy people coming in to launch distrurbed his sleeping clients.  He was always real nice to us and has to run his business the best way he knows.  I don't know this for a fact but that is usually what happens with to sportsmen, problems caused by us.  It might have been trash but I never saw any laying around.  Just my thoughs on the subject = we at times are our worst enemy........jk

Hey guys, this is "the motel guy"...  Ron at Keuka Lakeside Inn. Heard there was a bit of discussion on here regarding launching at the south end of Keuka and thought I should provide some details. Yes, we did close our launch effective May 20th. That decision was made over 1 1/2 years ago and we tried to communicate to those using our launch during last season, certainly didn't get to everyone. This was a hard decision since we were the only option of the south end, but we needed to focus on our hotel guests. The fishermen were not the reason for closing, more the 40-50 boats launched on a Sat or Sun and all the congestion that causes for the guests. The fishermen were great and very respectful of our place. We did notify the Town and DEC over 18 months prior to our closing in order to provide time for them to work out something. Unfortunately it looks like they are not much further along than when we notified them. The solution is really easy since space is very limited and Champlin Beach area has a water depth issue. I would encourage all of you to email the Town Supervisor at the Town of Urbana and let him know how important access is at the South end.  Thanks to all of you who launched here over the years, I will miss talking with you. 

This morning, I read on the I ❤️ Keuka Lake Facebook page that a place called Jake's has just been rebuilt and has launching available.  I have no idea about prices or any other details.  But they did list the address and phone #... 12792 W Lake Rd
Hammondsport, New York 14840-8534 
(607) 868-4876

• Like 1

I used to launch from Jake’s during the winter years ago with my 14 foot aluminum V. Steep narrow no parking is my description. West side south of the bluff north of yacht club. I see there is quite the rebuilding going on the house there. Life must be good. He pumps gas at end of dock too.
Water must be warming up quick with this weather. Bass will be out to feast!

• 1 month later...