Chamount bay walleye

bettieanne

Gotcha, thanks. Hope the sun shines strong all week. 
I don't know, the one year the bay was cold there was no bait but the eyes were there and ready to eat. We were limiting out (3 man) in an hour. It was insane. I think that year i caught close to 100 walleye.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, Chas0218 said:

I don't know, the one year the bay was cold there was no bait but the eyes were there and ready to eat. We were limiting out (3 man) in an hour. It was insane. I think that year i caught close to 100 walleye.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Timing is everything ! Going up on May 18th, hoping the water is warmer and the fish are still there.

18 minutes ago, pap said:

The water will be warmer but the fish will be in the freezers:lol:

I'm hoping not, last year the water was high, mid 50's, could only find fish deep around BRB. Year before, no luck on walleye when we could get out. 3 years ago, upper 50's and spanked them in Chaumont bay. Timing is every thing, let me know when they start biting pap  and I'll try and change my plans to get'em while they're hot :)

If anyone is looking to launch either at the Chaumont boat launch or Long Point State Park the docks are not in yet and they don’t look like they will be in anytime soon. The docks at Long Point all have been pulled including the floating docks next to the launch. Maybe if we complain enough they will be put in before the opener. If anyone wants to complain the number the the Regional Office is 325-482-2593 and ask either for the Regional Director or the Assistant Regional Director. I plan on calling Monday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Why did they pull the docks??? Is the lake that high again?? I bet the docks are in over by Trudy at B & J Bait just have to make thee run??

• Like 1

The water is not as high as it was last year at this time. I think they pulled them in the last couple weeks or so. The people who run the state parks do not care about people who fish or hunt in their facilities, all they care about is the people who camp. The point is you should have to “make a run” from another launch when the state has perfectly good facilities that they are not utilizing. The state has no problem collecting your money when you launch to fish in the summer time but come early spring they don’t have time for fishermen.

1 hour ago, nasc620 said:

The water is not as high as it was last year at this time. I think they pulled them in the last couple weeks or so. The people who run the state parks do not care about people who fish or hunt in their facilities, all they care about is the people who camp. The point is you should have to “make a run” from another launch when the state has perfectly good facilities that they are not utilizing. The state has no problem collecting your money when you launch to fish in the summer time but come early spring they don’t have time for fishermen.

I completely agree with you there 100% but what doesn’t make sense to me is that they removed docks?? It always was a pita to find a ramp for the early fisherman, I took notice that some of the pics that were posted from the guys fishing browns had smaller boats that could be launched with out a docks. This is just my thought maybe the southern ramps are more fisherman friendly?? It’s not right by any means if you bought a fishing license then they need to accommodate those guys/gals. If the state launches are funded by the Federal government than that answers everything!!! Like mentioned above the Federal government is there with their hands out!!! Sad situation, but that’s the federal government for ya.

On 4/28/2018 at 11:00 AM, muskie magnet said:

Timing is everything ! Going up on May 18th, hoping the water is warmer and the fish are still there.

Yes it is, the eyes were in the bay in large numbers until the middle of July which is unheard.

That number was dis connected. I called long point st park an the guy said that all the floating docks got ruined due to high winds. As of now long point or the three mile launch doesnt have docks in even at the launch ramp. He said he was goin to call the regional office an try to get em in by friday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bettieanne said:

That number was dis connected. I called long point st park an the guy said that all the floating docks got ruined due to high winds. As of now long point or the three mile launch doesnt have docks in even at the launch ramp. He said he was goin to call the regional office an try to get em in by friday. 

I can attest to the ruined docks. I was there last week and their finger that goes out to the floating docks was under water, I'm not sure what the deal is with the launch dock unless the one that was under water was the launch dock.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, Chas0218 said:

I can attest to the ruined docks. I was there last week and their finger that goes out to the floating docks was under water, I'm not sure what the deal is with the launch dock unless the one that was under water was the launch dock.

It was a big wind storm that did that to those set of docks. Talked to park guy yesterday, dock ought to be in today or tomorrow. Surface temp was 48 off Salubrious.

1 hour ago, Kingfisher06 said:

It was a big wind storm that did that to those set of docks. Talked to park guy yesterday, dock ought to be in today or tomorrow. Surface temp was 48 off Salubrious.

I heard it was brutal, it looks like it is warming up a bit. Hoping this weekend is good. I would like a little cloud cover and a slight chop.

This warm weather will hopefully help a bit with surface temps 🤞. Maybe get us on the dance floor at 50+. Forecasted winds are south westerly 9 with gusts of 14. Chop shouldn't be a problem, lol. Lets hope for a little cloud cover and see what happens. Good luck to all! Be safe out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1