Conesus walleye reproduction?

According to NYSDEC, "Fish Management

Conesus Lake has traditionally been a productive fishery for warmwater sportfish and panfish. Northern pike, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass and walleye comprise the sportfishery; yellow perch, bluegills, pumpkinseed and brown bullhead are the principal panfish.

Over the years the species balance has shifted. During the 1960's, Conesus produced an outstanding walleye fishery which diminished through the 1970's. During this same time, Conesus was locally famous for its remarkable yellow perch ice fishing. However, this fishery declined throughout the 1980's most likely due to a population explosion of newly arrived, unwanted alewives that directly competed with young perch for their preferred food - large zooplankton (microscopic animals). It is also likely that the abundant alewives consumed perch fry.

Currently, Conesus produced excellent fishing for both bass species, northern pike, bluegills and sunfish. Based on on-going DEC studies, the walleye population is increasing in response to annual stocking of hatchery fingerlings. The yellow perch population also exhibits signs of improvement. Additionally, beginning in 1991, DEC began stocking Conesus with tiger muskies - a fast growing, sterile hybrid between northern pike and muskellunge. Early indications are that this striking fish will add an element of excitement to the fishery."

They must feel that the spawners contribute, however, as they closed the Inlet to all fishing during the run.

Thanks Lucky13. I will hope they are reproducing. Honeoye gets no natural production which triggered my question on Conesus. If the pike are successful you would think that eyes should be. All fish are unique in some ways. Maybe I will ask someone at region 8 sometime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Ontario United mobile app