To All Veterans & Active Duty Military

23 hours ago, NymphO said:

Todd, I've been thinking about this more and more. Obviously we have a great bunch of fisherman on this site, that are more than willing to take a vet out, anyday. Is there something oath would be willing to put together for let's say each major port on the south shore, example..... Pick some dates, get some boats together, take some vets out all at the same time, maybe have a "derby" of sorts where there's also some prizes involved. I know it doesn't have the luster of a moose hunt or even a charter trip, but if there was enough vets looking to fish I think we could get a solid turn out of available boats. I also think it would be cool to have a good pack of boats heading out for the same great cause.

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I really like this idea, and consider me in on this one.  I can take 2 Vets! :)

19 minutes ago, John Kelley said:

I really like this idea, and consider me in on this one.  I can take 2 Vets! :)

Thanks John! I'm excited about the possibilities and potential for how big this could become. I'll keep everyone posted as things move forward.

I’m disabled to a certain degree and wouldn’t feel comfortable taking someone else by myself, but I would be more than willing to share the entire cost with someone who would donate their boat to this cause and work as a mate. That way I would feel more comfortable myself, plus it would help with someone that would love to do this but might be on the fence. About this idea and doing it by themselves also.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you own a boat and would be interested in taking a veteran or currently serving military member fishing on Lake Ontario, Lake Erie, the Finger Lakes, Lake Champlain, the St Lawrence River, or any other body of water (fresh water or salt water) in New York state, please contact me by text or email. We are trying to increase our OATH NY membership, which is free for veterans and active Military/Guard/Reserve.

Anyone boat owner or charter boat that participates in the 2018 OATH NY Summer Fishing Slam (still not officially named yet) will receive a tax write-off form from Gary Romig of OATH NY.

There are no entry fees for this summer-long event. My goal is to allow all of the participants the flexibility to fish whenever and wherever it is convenient for the boat owners and vets/military members. All vets and military members who participate are encouraged to join OATH Inc (OATH NY).

The 2018 OATH NY Summer Fishing Slam will run from June 1st through August 31st. As of now, there are no cash prizes because there are no entry fees. I will be working with Gary Romig to have T-shirts made up for the event that participants can buy. More to follow on the T-shirts.

If you own a boat please contact me with your name, contact info, what port/location/body of water you will launch out of, and how many vets you can accommodate on your boat. I prefer email, with OATH Slam as the subject line, but text is okay too. My email is [email protected] , and my cell is 315-783-1401. No spam please :bandit::smile:

We would like to see pics of your catches with length and weight of each fish caught.

More info to follow... Thank you!

• Like 1

You can also take a veteran and his/her spouse and/or child.

My son is 20 now, and he loves to fish with me. I can't begin to guess how many birthdays, aniversaries, and holidays I missed because of my 20 years of service. The spouses and children are who hold down the household while the service member is away from home for training and deployments.

2 hours ago, jmyers345 said:

I’ll let my active duty guys know on fort drum about this it’s a great program

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That would be awesome, and much appreciated! Thank you!

Gary Romig of OATH NY has created an OATH NY t-shirt fundraiser. The OATH Inc shirts that I have purchased from this company in the past have all been very high quality t-shirts and polo shirts, as well as their hooded sweatshirts. With Chad''s permission I am posting a link for this t-shirt fundraiser. Anyone can purchase a t-shirt (or more than one). There is no requirement to be a veteran or OATH NY member to purchase a t-shirt. I wear an OATH NY shirt while I'm fishing on OATH NY fishing trips. Feel free to share this link with friends and family. If you choose to buy a t-shirt, thanks in advance for your support!!!

https://www.customink.com/fundraising/oathinc2018?ref=email_messaging_mobile-campaign-page-share&utm_campaign=mobile-campaign-page-share&utm_content=oathinc2018&utm_medium=messaging&utm_source=email&side=front&type=1&zoom=false

Edited by Todd in NY

Just do it!

The South Shore Fishing Association in Marquette MI runs a Vets fishing day.  I was only able to drive one year and my Vets were a no show.  I am a Vet and it was heart warming to see some of the boats with tuna doors get the wheel chair bound Korean Vets out.

The fish get cleaned for them.  There is a Banquet following the fishing, with a boat parade in between.