for sale : usa Want to Buy.. SMALL outboard -2 or 3 HP

Not an old  clunky  one please  In my experience  the old  2 HP OMC  engines  are kind of cranky and crude .. Looking for something  a little more modern , lighter and   smoother operating ..
 Will consider any brand as long as the condition is good.. Prefer a 2 stroke due to weight considerations.. It will be used as  backup power/slow trolling motor on a 14 foot Grumman side console with a 28 HP main engine. Need to watch transom weight.
 Open to any  brand and will not argue a realistic price... bob 607-236-4024, or reply  here via PM...

22 hours ago, Landshark said:

Just curious, wouldn't it be better to just put a bow mount electric on the front?  Keeps weight off the transom.  Quiet, it can get you trolled down slow

I doubt  it would be enough for trolling for trout and salmon for hours, but I could be wrong.. I just don't se many guys trolling for Trout/Salmon with an electric

I already have a  foot controlled bow mount and its not near enough, but  it is an older 12v model, and should be upgraded... I suppose I could  put a new 24 v unit on but it would be twice the price of a good used gas motor, another consideration...  In spring, when flatlining, I am usually at the rear of the boat, and the foot control of an electric would be at the bow.. Also, the small gas motor is a backup power source to my 28 HP on my 14 Grumman.. I would hate to be 5 miles from the ramp have the main motor quit, and have to depend on an electric to get me to the ramp in heavy wind and whitecaps..
 It has happened to me just last year, with a 15 foot  boat I have since sold, and I am  VERY  thankful I had a  little 2 HP gas kicker on the transom right  next to the 30 HP that quit on me .. Took me hours, but that little 2HP got me from Milliken back to the Long Point ramp... I NEVER would have been able to paddle it thats for sure... bob

Edited by bulletbob