Cayuga Barney and Bear's 32nd Annual Trout Derby

Attached is the entry form for Barney and Bear's 32nd Annual Trout Derby, May 19th and 20th, 2018. You can sign up at Bear's Baits, located at Myers Park in Lansing New York.  Attached is the entry form below.  Also, Bear is working very hard to establish a second weigh-in station for future tournaments.  This is proving to be more difficult then most people understand.  He acknowledges the situation and is trying to work something out for future tournaments. Any question please contact Bear at 607-387-5576. 

Barney and Bear's 32nd Annual Trout Derby.pdf

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i was at my friend s shop today doing wire rod maintenance and talking about the derby . the question came up of how many fish can one person have on the board . example... we each catch a nice A division fish can we switch over and fish for B division fish and be on the board in both divisions  or is it one fish per person for the whole board . the rules are unclear on the sheet of registration . 

Going out in the morning until about noon. When I am finished for the day I will ask Steve (Bear) the tournament director. I will post his answer sometime tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

OK, just spoke to Steve the tournament director and he says "you can place one fish in each division". Hope this clears it up, if you have any other questions please contact Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Good luck to all in the derby. I look forward to these derbys plan all winter what to run and where to run it.I Fell off a loader and tore up the ligaments in my knee.Im not working because of it .No way I can climb in and out of a boat or up and down stairs.So BandB derby is out and the NLT derby is a maybe.

1 hour ago, Fishstix said:

Good luck to all in the derby. I look forward to these derbys plan all winter what to run and where to run it.I Fell off a loader and tore up the ligaments in my knee.Im not working because of it .No way I can climb in and out of a boat or up and down stairs.So BandB derby is out and the NLT derby is a maybe.

That's terrible, sorry to hear it hopefully you'll make it to one of the later BandB derbies

Sorry to hear that Stan....I know for us the trout derby is the equivalent of the Olympics:lol: Hopefully things will look up for you by derby time. Good luck.

I was there at 3:45pm completely forgot to take a pic... Lakers ranged from the 11-2 down to an 8-4 and I believe top fish in b division was a 9+ brown.  Very windy, rainy and cold for us today but consistent fishing, hopefully tomorrow’s weather will be a bit nicer. Good luck to everybody