2008 reflex growler (hoyt)

I have a reflex growler brand made by hoyt like new I shot maybe 20 arrows with it. it has silencers on the strings, apex sights, whisker bisqut rest true glow quiver new g5 peep was just tuned by creek wood archery in Hamlin. I paid $499.00 for it 2 months ago and all the extras were about $200.00 all new with the bow. I like the bow but it is too short for me it has a 30" draw I am a 31.5" draw and that 1.5" makes me hit my arm every time.(I have the mark on my arm to prove it). I am already buying a new bow so this one has to go. $400.00 for every thing. it is a right handed also I would be willing to sell the 4 carbon express arrows I have with it for an extra $40.00 for every thing ready to hunt 440.00 for a brand new name brand bow.

freeman if your bow is shorter than your draw you should have more of a bow or bend in your arm making it harder to hit your arm .You need to work with a good shop as how to hold your bow and arm position.Elbow down and in will slap you every time not to mention your pattern,elbow up slightly and out will get you started . trolling im kinda new at but ive been shooting a bow for over 40 years.

yeah I went to 2 dif bow shops and they both said I have over a 31" draw . when I cock my arm a little it does not feel right with this bow my old one was fine. this one just does not feel right with me so I am going to sell it I shot the new mathews last night and I loved it going to pick it up tonight thanx for the help.

FREEMAN77,

just wondering who sold you the matthews? whos setting it up for you? check out phil @ indian mountain archery on walker-lake ontario rd. even if you do buy your bow elsewhere, have him set it up for you from scratch. i promise you will not be disappointed.

I bought the Outback when it first came out and LOVE IT! It's amazing how mathews seems to put more engineering into their bows year after year. I'm sure the thinner DXT is much lighter.

I will say that mine is not as quiet as my buddy's Hoyt. I'm shooting a pretty heavy arrow though also (Easton Full Metal Jackets)...I just love the sound they make when they hit a deer!

31 1/2 Draw! I would hate to have to get in a boxing match! You can probably reach the beer in the fridge from the recliner too!

I have the outback and this is my 4th year shooting it .. great bow. I've gone ultra-lite with the arrows and feels like I'm shooting darts, but my draw lenght is only 28" - they are darts compared to your arrows!! The key is to find the right person to set it up and keep it set up year to year depending on how many arrows you put thru it -- sounds like you did. Mathews hold up ... I shoot year round in 3D shoots and winter indoor leagues - and the bow just keep driving tacks and droping deer!!

I picked up a used Mathews Icon for a decent price. Had it all set up last year and I love it. This will be my second year overall. The only thing that I will change on it is the rest (after this season). Right now I have a bodoodle and I'm switching to a whisker biscuit b/c I hear the blazers were made for the whisker biscuit. Maybe a little more accuracy won't hurt an already great bow...right? I recently moved to the Canandaigua area from Watertown. The work that I've had done at Bristol Outdoors has been pretty good so far.

I might have an extra whisker biscuit I will give you I work in scottsville it is only 25 min from where you live. this week will be a little crazy (moving in the new house) but give me a call next week some time and we can meet up if you want it and I can find it. 585-509-6777