Slip questions

Depends on where you live, price, etc. For me oswego is way more of a straight shot. A slip over 30’ is 1500 for the season with power and water at wrights for non resident, 1300(?) for under 30’. I also like fishing Oswego as you’re right in the middle of everything and it’s not too long of a run anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Oswego is a much shorter run to deep water, Mexico is a shorter run to the Big Salmon and the Dunes.

Probably less expensive on the Little Salmon.

Summer I would say Oswego, Fall I like the Bay. Spring is a toss up as far as fishing goes.

Edited by spoonfed-1

For me Oswego is 3 hrs 3.25 depending on traffic. Takes me 2.5 to pulaski. How is it at Oswego for boat abuse with the wind? That's really my big concern. Where lil salmon is protected but you have that creek to contend with. Oswego is the waves and wind. 

Benefits of Oswego...

Short trip to deep water.

Cleaning station.

Wide floating docks.

Way less mosquitos.

Convenience stores nearby.

Food delivery to the docks.

Sidewalks, minimal goose droppings.

You will save enough gas through the season that a run to the SR or Dunes won't kill you (45 minutes or so).

No river to run in the dark.

Bathrooms

Fuel savings will offset the dock cost.

Well made my mind up! Oswego it is. It will be me and my sister in this 262. Its been out of the water since 2011 doing a shake down here at home on lake George this weekend. Hope to be out following weekend if no issues.

1022171303.jpg

i just bought a place 20 minutes further away from the big lake and was feeling a little disappointed with a longer drive. when i read someone has a 3 1/2 hr drive to fish lake Ontario i cringe just thinking about that drive . it just goes to show how much revenue salmon fishing brings to New York .  i take granted of living in central New York . IMO Oswego is a good port with all the conveniences it has to offer . the only bad thing i heard about the port and its been years since i was told that it is / was a night time tackle shop . i have stayed there a few times during the loc derby and its patrolled by a guy in a truck all night long , so i thinking problem solved , i never had any problem when i was there ....Good luck this season with your new boat . i can tell your hooked into fishing lake Ontario all ready ... 

4 hours ago, fisherdude said:

i just bought a place 20 minutes further away from the big lake and was feeling a little disappointed with a longer drive. when i read someone has a 3 1/2 hr drive to fish lake Ontario i cringe just thinking about that drive . it just goes to show how much revenue salmon fishing brings to New York .  i take granted of living in central New York . IMO Oswego is a good port with all the conveniences it has to offer . the only bad thing i heard about the port and its been years since i was told that it is / was a night time tackle shop . i have stayed there a few times during the loc derby and its patrolled by a guy in a truck all night long , so i thinking problem solved , i never had any problem when i was there ....Good luck this season with your new boat . i can tell your hooked into fishing lake Ontario all ready ... 

And I'm glad I bought a duramax. I'm getting 17.5 mpg in town 22 on rt 90 my hemi would only get 13.5 mpg  

7 hours ago, fisherdude said:

I run 5 hrs. from Ct every week, store my boat there and have a seasonal campsite.  I'm up at least 3 days every week during the season weather permitting.  And I happen to live 40 minutes from the Sound, and have only fished it a handful of times in my lifetime.