Clean transducer

To answer my own question, while actually reading the directions, it says in there to clean the transducer with a plastic safe cleanser to remove algae. I don’t think that was algae making it dull, but I’ll practice on the removed one then do the one on the transom.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

When I see the difference between old and new transducer, makes me think one should clean and polish his old one.
I could only see my jig down to 30 feet or so. Now to see what a new ParanhaMax 4 will do. (Yeah I know I’m cheap, but it’s a bass boat)

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I’m not sure how long ago I heard this and whether it’s even true, it wasn’t from a rep, but I was told that transducers have a shelf life of performance over a few years. Not sure how true but have seen a difference when going from old to new.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Mike makes a good point here....I've had them go from reading good detail to just picking up bottom and that was all and then nothing and it seemed to be the life of the transducer; not necessarily something on the face of it although sometimes dirt or other stuff from trailering (e.g.road crap) or from algae while sitting for long periods in the water can affect performance. You do have to be careful what you use on them to clean the FACE area though and nothing the least bit oily and not to drop them etc.

Edited by Sk8man