new guy here

Hi guys I am from California , have been fishing over 50 years. Just last winter I started to fish with Dipsy Divers and my Downriggers, My Dipsy divers started to pick up more fish than my D/R. then I got a okuma rod with rollers and that made a big drifferance. then to planner boards and I don't think you can get anymore stelth that that. Now it's time for copper. I just got my new Okuma rod and a penn 340GTGi and put on the backing and 300' of copper and ready to try it out. Can any one tell me what works better for Browns . Spoons , dodger & fly or stickbaits ? Sure could use the help from you guys , my friends out here think I have gone off the deep end.

Try NK 28 sized and 4d sized spoons, Michigan Stinger spoons in the stingray size and the original size. Browns will hit copper. Copper is super stealthy and works great. Here are the links to the websites of the spoon manufacturers named above.

http://www.northernkinglures.com/

http://www.mistinger.com/

Hey thanks, I have been doing great with the way you guys fish the great lakes. On our lakes out here. I think California's fall for every thing that comes down the pike as tackle goes. The tackle out here is to catch fisterman and not fish. Again thanks

So what your saying is go ahead and run the copper and steel in the spring , fall & winter . I use my depth raider and that has helped to zero in a lot. land locked Kings I don't have a problem there. It's just the browns I want to start to target. Shasta Lake has some lunkers over 25 lbs Any help will be greatly appreciated

Gambler

Thanks for all the help your giving out. My friends out here think I have gone off the deep end in the worse way. But let me tell you. The way you guys fish here , slays the fish on our lakes in California and Oregon. This is a great site for info.. Keep it up guys