Seneca/ Cayuga 5/5 -5/6

5/5 Saturday launch from sevene state ramp . ran to long point and setup . we fished to keuka outlet and back to long point . poor day for us 1 for 2  lake trout both came off cow bells and spin&glows landed 1 lost the other on why up . didn't mark much for fish or bait . best screen was just north of long pt with fish stack on the step up and down ledges witch we stay away from not wanting to hang up a rig rod . temp was 37 to 39 , 40 here and there . water was so clear that i could see the cowbells and hook fish down 4 beads that is around 60 feet . seneca is still a grind for us .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             5/6 cayuga out Deans cove went over to the east side off wells college set up and fished north to ellis point . it was redemption day . hammered the lake trout on cowbells & spin glows  and sutton spoons . we caught over 20 fish with two rods . the average weight was around 4 to 5 lbs with some big 8 to 10 lbs fish thrown in . we did are best crossing back to the west side on our way back to the ramp , it was one rod after another . temp was around 40 to 41 , speed was 1.2 to 1.7 .most fish came from down deep . 

16 minutes ago, Frogger said:
Nice report! Glad you got out!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Thanks guys , they had a set of shoulders today , had two snap 15 lb leaders on the hits even with drags set right . Rig rods never know how it going to go .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by fisherdude
  • Like 2

Hit Seneca on 5/5. Ended with three nice Lakers a nd a surprise 31"pike off a rigger 10ft down in 14ft of water. Best water was about 60ft20180505_082607_001.thumb.jpg.ca22d21a3686a5d9aafb62d67f6e9984.jpg20180505_155743.thumb.jpg.0d9276cbaf13329b2814f0c8fd1464d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fishing the inside waters is forbidden or any speed over 1.5 while fishing on my fishing buddys boat ..... Keep up the good work ..

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app