Mercruiser alpha one gen 1 our drive

Looking for an out drive. I believe has 1:47 gears (I’ll verify). Hoping to find a complete unit as the lower section has had a crack welded several years ago. Although there is nothing wrong with it, just might as well replace both.

Heading in under full power when she let go. The drive shaft spins freely even in gear so, thinking the upper gears a shot. I’ll tear it apart hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Send me a message and I’ll get back with you.

Thank you and tight lines

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Looking for an out drive. I believe has 1:47 gears (I’ll verify). Hoping to find a complete unit as the lower section has had a crack welded several years ago. Although there is nothing wrong with it, just might as well replace both.

Heading in under full power when she let go. The drive shaft spins freely even in gear so, thinking the upper gears a shot. I’ll tear it apart hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Send me a message and I’ll get back with you.

Thank you and tight lines

How's the coupling

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

How's the coupling

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Pulled the top cap off and both the drive shaft and power shaft gears are smooth. These outdrives with gear ratio are very hard to come by. After numerous calls and getting a name from arneys marina in Sodus bay, I found someone that rebuilds them and has one left.