Heading to Maine

Heading to Maine  the first week of September.  Anyone know of an good charters near Bar Harbor?  I know there's a bunch near Portland, but that's a good three hour drive each way.  Hoping to do some bottom fishing rather than sharks or tuna.

I live in NH and there are three party boats that go ground fishing out of Hampton NH. They are Eastmans, Al Gauron, and the Yellowbird. I recommend the Yellowbird. Haddock fishing is exceptional right now! I went two weeks ago and limited out very quickly. We drifted for over an hour with a fish on as soon as you reached the bottom. I do not know of any charters in Maine.

Maine is a huge state and he is going way up north and it is many hours travel to the southern grounds off NH and Mass. so it would probably be more useful info if near where he is going....the Portland Maine area has a bunch of options but that too will be quite aways from where he is going.

Edited by Sk8man

The Bunny Clark out of Ogunquit catches a lot of fish. Uncomfortable and a little pricey but he catches fish. As other have said you can't beat Yellowbird or Eastmans. Went out on both this year and limited out I would stay away from Al Gauron gone down hill since owner died and kids took over in

my opinion.