Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sstout

Laker with worms around stomach?

Total newbie here. I got a nice lake trout this morning. I went to gut the fish and when I slit the belly open it looked like the stomach or intestines was surrounded my some sort of worms? I don't know how to describe it. The fish otherwise looked healthy and faught like crazy. Now that it's gutted it looks nice and clean. Have others ran into this with fish they've cleaned, and is it safe to eat? Thanls

20180508_071715.jpg

20180508_065900.jpg

Did these worms squirm a lot?  Did you isolate them from the Stomach and intestines? If no, it sounds like it may have been the Pyloric Cecae, which are worm like projections of the intestines that throw folks off when they are first cleaning fish. 

• Like 1

After doing a little reading on Google, I do think it was the pyloric cecae. They did not move at all and were isolated to one organ. Thanks for the responses. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• 2006 21.6 Sea Fox 216 Walk Around Cuddy Cabin

2006 Sea Fox 216 Walk Around Cuddy Cabin with 06 Suzuki 150 4 stroke efi.  Full custom back cover,Furono Radar,Furono color fish finder,Stero system with amp., Fish Hawk thermal troll temp and speed.4-mag 20 digit troll down riggers,2 planner boards,reels are mounted on hard top.comes with Venture double axle trailer .Boat and Motor is in show room cond.......Any questions call Jeff 845-8534506 boat is stored in doors in Point Brease N.Y. 14477.................$27000.00

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Fishing around Hector On Seneca

Anybody doing any fishing around Hector on Seneca Lake doesn’t matter what kind taking the grandkids up there for four days like to take them out in the pontoon see if we Can catch something Boat has a good graph and downrigger     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

in Finger Lakes Discussion

• Line twisting around downrigger cable.

So I am using blacks releases. I have been downrigger fishing for 15 years. So I know how to attach to the release. In two of the last three trips my line has been twisted around the cable and would not ever realise if a fish hit . The only thing different is I have a new boat and have upgraded my downriggers to the high-speed STX mag tens. Is something happening when the downrigger ball goes down so fast. Or is it just a coincidence   Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile ap

in Open Lake Discussion

• 1999 Bayliner Trophy 2002 to walk around cuddy

Mercury 150 main motor and 2001 Honda 9.9 4 stroke kicker. Lowrance fish finder. Custom bait and fillet table with tackle storage. Both motors run great. Wash down pump and trim tabs.The trailer has newer surge brake system and brand new tires including the spare. Down riggers and planner board mast also available. She's ready to go $8900 or best offer call or text (585) 224-6955.   Sent from my SM-G965U using Lake Ontario United mobile app        

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Boat launches around irondequoit

What ones boat launches are open around I-bay? Just want to check due to water levels.     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

in Open Lake Discussion