Fairhaven pier fishing

Has any one herd if they are catching any fish from the piers in fairhaven.

I was up on the lake in oswego wednesday, and didn't do any good. Fished from 40 out to 160. The water was 64 to the bottom. Didn't find any bait or fish on the graphs. It didn't help with also having one guy sea sick on me either.

I would like to make another trip up to the lake but I would like to try it from the piers. Any information would be a great help. I have a limited

amount of time I can take, and would hate to see another skunked day.

All my old freinds that lived by there got old and died on me. So I have no way of knowing what is going on.

I live in Scranton pa so its a 3 hour run up to the lake for me. I would exchange cell or home phone numbers. If some one would want to give me the run down on whats going on.

Thanks in advance.

Bob,

We were out of Fair Haven yesterday for a quick run out into the lake and saw a couple of guys on the piers but there didn't appear to be any action. Given how few fish there have been in Fair Haven all season long I'd give some thought to looking elsewhere. I know that they've been doing really well on Kings in the Salmon River, so that might be a place to head even if it isn't from a pier!

Thank you very much for the answer capt. We use to fish the piers all the time in the past. But it seams that they just don't catch them there like the use to. But I checked the stocking report, and I see they do put fish into sterling creek still. Any idea what the problem is, that the fish just don't run like they use to???? And as far as going to the salmon river. I wouldn't have a clue where to go. What to use. Or if there is any special regs for the river. I can't afford to make a stupid honest mistake, and get bashed by the wardens. Kind of like fishing the oswego,and no 2 jerks on a pole or they call that lifting. I guess getting unstuck from the bottom is considered lifting. Yea... a rock.... So I don't have a good taste in my mouth dealing with river fishing.

well the past couple of years it has seemed quite slow around the fairhaven area on the lake but the past 3 years have been my best years fishing the mouth of sterling creek (which is the smaller channel leading out of the park into the lake) I havent heard much about it this year yet, but am going back home to fish there this weekend i will be out thursday through tuesday and i will let you know how i do and if there is are fish worth going there for.

• 3 weeks later...

Went back home to fish 2 weekends ago. The weather set me up perfectly until i got there. Rain all week and strong winds. Fished the mouth thursday from 5 to 9 and went 1 for 3 on a firetiger rapala. Friday fished the creek and went 0 for 3 real big fish in the creeks right now in Sterling. Last night fishing the mouth was Saturday and i went 6 for 10 big fish was a 30 lber sry no pics i sat on my camera and broke it. Saturday i fished cleos in the 3/4 size and storm stickbaits caught all of my fish between 6 and 9. Not sure whats going on now but it was great fishing.

Some small creeks with good fishing are better kept to yourself, just check out sandersfishingguides.com,

http://www.sandersfishingguides.com/bb/ ... php?t=4887

as you frequent this board more you will see that when the salmon and steelhead are running all the snaggers come out to "fish", just read some posts about the genny, oak orchard, etc. So if you have good stream and creek fishing up near Fairhaven enjoy yourself and your clean, moron free stream, the last thing you want is a van load of "bennies" or "immies"

showing up and "taking" your fish and "leaving" their garbage.

You are right, and i should keep it to myself, thanks for talking some sense into me cuz if that did happen and a bunch of snaggers went to fish it i would probably be steaming if i was trying to fish there. I guess i didnt realize i was putting my own little secret in jeopardy of destruction. once again thanks. you learn new stuff everyday.