Mounting kicker, which side

How did you decide which side to mount your kicker, port or starboard? My thoughts are to mount on the port side as my transducer is on the starboard. I have a 24 Penn Yan and will be mounting a 9.9 tohatsu on a panther adjustable bracket. Boat is balanced so aside from the transducer, I don't have any other reasons for port vs. starboard

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

A lot of guys pick port side for kicker because driver is usually on starboard.  I have a swim ladder on port, so i picked starboard.  It does list some, but not too terribly bad.

Whichever works best for your setup, there isn't any rule of thumb for it. I have my kicker on the Port along with gas can because I have swim ladder on the Starboard.

Edited by Chas0218

Usually best if separated from transducer (s) on opposite side when posible to minimize turbulence.

On my Penn Yan there was more room inside the transom for a backing plate on the port side since the power steering, trim motor, fuse box and the electrical switch were mounted on the starboard side.

Whichever side you mount it on try to keep it as close to the center line as possible without interfering with your I/O