SENECA SOUTH END

B.S., right now there are mudlines flowing in everywhere ,early am troll east west near south end mud line comming in from the canal maybe canal is open by now should be with rain and flow buy this wknd lake is back up,firetiger orange and chartruise stix surface to ten ft down zig in and ouy of mude line sorta of a ne sw troll to stay on the edge put splitshot on line 5ft up from bait to keep lure clean longer with all the color and mud the whole so end auta be pretty good next try west side north south troll 40 to 150 ft water as a rule make a close pass near shore 12 to 40 ft water 5 to 15 ft down i havnt really pinpointed the fish this year the top 30ft.water should be holding browns and landlocks ,,blk/silver,,, purp./silver/grey.sticks .or/wht,, brown trout,rainbow trout/suttons 44size,purple, dolphins ,spoons colors CAUTION there is a surmurged object east side heading north with mud line ,,,,,,took out lower unit ;( its totally outa sight big and hard enuf to bust housing bent prop shaft and striped prop all in 2 seconds or less first for me had a lot of close calls over the years though guess its bound to happen if spend enuf time on the water thank God ive got inshurance this ant gonna be cheap less some one has a alfa one geared for 3.0 moter...hank?

• 2 weeks later...

just got my outdrive fixed almost ,the shifter got a little bent during install,one more reason to do some things myself but i wont go there ,,,took for test run then i slowed to a troll with or/white,black dot honey bee,hooked one nice LL. only 3or 4 lbs but it ran like a salmon oh it was, no jumping though,only had a few minutes to troll west side just below tiki bar on surface 200 ft back...lots of crap,stix ,logs,out there keep a eye out didnt have my F.Finder so i cant help on the bait pods oh surface temp38.6 to 38.9 lake is 1ft ish above normal canal ramp is open dont forget the fishing sale at the community center sunday 11:00 sharp it opens(jst kidding) 9:00am till 2:00pm Ray K. after reading post about cayuga just now 6:43 pm sat ,it reminded me the LL. i caught had 3 eels on it these fish ant got a chance in seneca so far this year 100% of the fish ive caught had eels , and i havent given fishing a chance yet this year,

sunday 8 LL south end lost 3 surface temp 37.8 to 38.4 over 3 degrees colder than last year at same time. last year this day we did about 100 LL today 8 i think the eels are taking toll on the fishes all were taken about 25 ft, didnt get out till about 2:00 in after noon dont know if there was a morning bite,brass sammy pac with added orange ladderback, or/ wh bk dot honey bee,or/wht with diag glow tamerion,stinger superman, only spoons touched , no stickbait bite ,,,,,,,,,,first 4 miles lots of trash every where we need a good north wind for a day to clear the crap off the lake.,,hector outlet was the warmest water i found today also didnt mark any bait but with all the crap the fishfinder was a little confused ,,,,,I hope

• 3 weeks later...

washed some spoons on seneca yesterday for a couple hrs thought things would have been better with the storm comming but late start 1st rel. 25 down blue dolphin lost fish, 2nd 200ft back off planer i split shot or /wh,6lb brwn 2 eels, released fish kepted the eels ,3rd laker gr dolphin 7 color lead kept fish and eels.........100% fish with eels on seneca still.

• 1 month later...

been testing out my new 8 hp trolling moter nice and quiet runs good after retrofitting a 1975 9.9 carb to fit a 1984 8hp damm im good runs like a top, OMG the bait is all over the so end 50 to 70 ft down some pods to surface lines just shaking going through the bait no huge balls yet but several 200yds by 75 ft deep with fish all around them must of crossed 75 to 100 pods of bait pulled 1,,, 4 lb brown below bait with small spoons , why am i fishing the north end for the derby??????????????? to late i got hotel and dock reserved ,,,,,,,,,,

thanks this is yr 8 for me and my boats been on the board 3 times ( at the end of the derby) kinda bragging but i know guys who have fished this derby 20 yrs and never placed my secret ,,,,,,,,,,,,, fish all day ,,,,,,,,,, my biggest fish come at 2 or 3 in the afternoon flat and sunny and 2 x ive lost a possable winner ,,ive got a couple hot spots that always produce just north of watkins and south of geneva that short 36 mile streach...........