Splash down

Well plan for my first trip out tomorrow. Staying at catfish creeck camp tonight fish tomorrow till midday then back home. Was hoping to be up yesterday but work forced me to work this morning....anyone stayed up there? hope I have a good report tomorrow will be me wife and kids should be good time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good luck Aaron. Doesn't look like there will be much action on those new solar panels today though :lol:

• Like 1

Fished out of Catfish Creek last week 5/4-5/5, great people there very helpful.  We had two boats in our group and we had a great experience we boated a nice mix bag of kings, steelhead, browns and some Lakers. We will be staying there again.

Fished out of Catfish Creek last week 5/4-5/5, great people there very helpful.  We had two boats in our group and we had a great experience we boated a nice mix bag of kings, steelhead, browns and some Lakers. We will be staying there again.
How was getting in and out of the creek? I did hear the driveway is pretty rough but I'll take it easy I'm more worried about in and out of the channel

15 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

How was getting in and out of the creek? I did hear the driveway is pretty rough but I'll take it easy I'm more worried about in and out of the channel

The channel is fine, not a problem there were plenty of good size boats in there and it's protected by the wind, we just idled in and out was able to turn around by the boat launch. 

youll love it there after you come down drygulch rd that hasent seen a grade job for the past 5 years youll arive at the camp the first word that came to mind was deliverance. if you arrive in the am the owner will be out on a charter which means his wife will give you the run around about which dock you may use the one with 2, 3, or 4 pc of rebar sticking out the side. if your lucky youll get to tie up next to the gut boat. you can turn around in front of the launch of course anywhere else is easier because the kids can push off the bank front and back at the same time to help. ideling in and out is def a good idea so you dont fill the water jacket full of silt big rock pile on the right as you exit mouth of river and be very careful coming in with a following sea because tend to hit bottom when its only 3' deep and you have 3 footers. ow yea and would def clean your fish on the lake and not at there "fish cleaning station" if you plan on eating them. that being said we were smart enough to stay there 3 times before we found another rental and its hard to beat the location to the fishing if targeting the plant.

• Like 1

Beautiful looking laker, your better half looks to be happy with her catch!! Where in the world did you find a bluebird sky day to go fishing:lol:

• Like 1

Well fished 7-12 went 2 for 3. Steelie (I think still learning I'd) was on 100 ft weighted steel out the chute copper backed brown and gold front and laker was rigger on bottom with hammerhead cowbells and gambler rigs. Lost another on the 100 steel same spoon hit hard stripped a bunch of line and spit the hook. All and all a very very successful first trip out. Thanks to Mr Hank L&M for making sure I was ready to go.

Catfish Creek fish camp was a pretty cool place but had a few flaws. The people were very accommodating and helpful getting boat in and out of the launch and docks they have which for me (, inexperienced boater ) were impossible for me to manuver. The cabins we're also very nice full bathroom shower kitchen and the like. The driveway was one for the record books don't know that I've ever seen one that bad. Really hope they do something about that would definitely go back if the road gets fixed. They are in a extremely good location.

All and all I would say excellent weekend now my season begins. This weekend will be kinzua for eyes and exploration trip before I head there to camp June 1st

Sounds like you had a good few days. Boat ran well, no other major issues, good time with family, big fish would have just been a bonus.
And it will come!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

I took the fam out today (first time we all went together) wife got sick, we fished for 27 min and took a shot on the rigger, lost it. Was supposed to be my son's first king, but we pulled off cause momma was sick ( on mother's Day). So be thankful for not getting skunked. My son would have flipped for a brown half the size of yours !!

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well fished 7-12 went 2 for 3. Steelie (I think still learning I'd) was on 100 ft weighted steel out the chute copper backed brown and gold front and laker was rigger on bottom with hammerhead cowbells and gambler rigs. Lost another on the 100 steel same spoon hit hard stripped a bunch of line and spit the hook. All and all a very very successful first trip out. Thanks to Mr Hank L&M for making sure I was ready to go.

Catfish Creek fish camp was a pretty cool place but had a few flaws. The people were very accommodating and helpful getting boat in and out of the launch and docks they have which for me (, inexperienced boater ) were impossible for me to manuver. The cabins we're also very nice full bathroom shower kitchen and the like. The driveway was one for the record books don't know that I've ever seen one that bad. Really hope they do something about that would definitely go back if the road gets fixed. They are in a extremely good location.

All and all I would say excellent weekend now my season begins. This weekend will be kinzua for eyes and exploration trip before I head there to camp June 1st

Do you fish kinzua a lot? I use to fish there every weekend, lots of white fish in there if the walleye aren’t biting.
There catching a lot of walleye on the reservation rite now. There averaging about 16 17 inches. There is always the chance of getting a real wall hanger in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app