Third downrigger location?

I need some advice to the location to mount my third downrigger. I have an outboard motor with no trolling motor. I have a small swim platform on the starboard side. The rigger boom is 3’ Long. Do I mount the third rigger on the back of the boat on the port side? If so will the rigger on the back interfere with netting fish? I know you all have a wealth of knowledge and experience. I thought I ask before I start drilling holes in my boat.

All Day Long

A picture of the back of the boat might help elicit some advice. It's hard to say without seeing your rig.

My Lund has 4 long boom Cannons mounted and although I  mostly use 3 of them, I have no issues with netting fish.

I would mount on Port side opposite of transducers. A swivel base makes string easier as you can swing it sideways if need be. Be careful with a 3’ boom that there will be enough clearance if the current swings the downrigger cable towards the motor it will clear the prop. The only time it may be an issue is when you encounter big waves which cause your cable angle to change drastically

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

31 minutes ago, bout time said:

I would mount on Port side opposite of transducers. A swivel base makes string easier as you can swing it sideways if need be. Be careful with a 3’ boom that there will be enough clearance if the current swings the downrigger cable towards the motor it will clear the prop. The only time it may be an issue is when you encounter big waves which cause your cable angle to change drastically

good advice i would say with no plans for a kicker the open side is the better option that way no worries about the cable and swim platform the only other thought i would have is if you wanted to run the fish hawk on the third rigger you would want it on the same side as the transducer.  that way if your only running two riggers the probe can stay down even when your re-setting a line and there is less blowback on the riggers being run I do this but with a sub troll also important is that third rigger is a manual vs the two primary which are electric,  i started with the manuals but when i got the electrics kept the one with the probe even though i usually only run two riggers having the probe on the manuall which i than dont have to crank up and down as much works out well for my set up

Thanks for the advice all. It is greatly appreciated. I will do some measurements before the install to make sure that boom will be long enough. If not I will move riggers around and put an adjustable boom rigger on the back.