Another amazing day at Olcott May 14th

Just when you thought the fishing couldn't get any better it does!

We headed out of the chute at Olcott around 6 am and headed north west and sat down in 75 ft. of water on a north troll and proceeded to put out our gear.

Spoons seemed to be the ticket last week so I continued with that thought process and brought along some meat this time as well

as I was told it was producing some very nice kings in good quantities. I was about half way thru putting out the gear and the port

side downrigger with a ladder back habanero fired off and the fight was on. We boated that one and continued to set out our gear.

Quite frankly I never had a chance to put out the meat I brought along as it seemed like every time I was about to finish setting my spread another

rod would fire off providing us with yet another King. We had what I describe as just an incredible morning of fishing with fish being caught on both dipseys with

various spoons, mostly frostbites, a silver rainbow spoon, orange crush, and green/black/silver ladder backs with the dipseys being the top producers this day. We had one

gentleman with a bad case of the dropsies too who lost a total of 5 before getting then to the boat so he was the focus of the abuse for the day. It didn't matter though as

the bite was strong and continuous the entire time we were out there. We ended up keeping 8 nice kings for the morning and headed back in exhausted and very happy.5afa23096c6c0_fishgrouppicmay14th.thumb.jpg.3f4545548707ecccc8aed43781e6a264.jpg

fish pic may 14th #2.jpg

fish pic may 14th #3.jpg

fish pic may 14th #4.jpg

fish pic may 14th #5.jpg

fish pic may 14th #6.jpg

fish pic may 14th #7.jpg

fish pic may 14th #8.jpg

fish pic may 14th #9.jpg

fish pic may 14th #10.jpg

fish pic may 14th #13.jpg

fish pic may 14th #14.jpg

fish pic may 14th #15.jpg

Edited by Draggin The Line
mispelling
  • Like 1

Yes indeed congrats to your banner day. There are those far and few between times when it seems if have the spoons or what ever at the right depth they’ll hit anything!! Had one of those days at the green can off the tip of Galloo Isl. with the smallies just a absolute slug fest, lasted about an hour but if we didn’t catch and release 100 fish between the 2 of us. It was game on. To this very day I’ve never had a repeat of that very same day!!