Cayuga Trolling Cayuga lake

Well it’s been a rough three days here at the lake, We did three small salmon the first day , three the 2nd day, yesterday did not have a hit with eight hours on the lake, trolled East side from Myers to town , trolled west side to taughannock Park . Went to Milken station trolled south to Myers yesterday. Is there something I’m missing here? Last year caught fish everyday, We were flatlining with boards close, dipsey divers , downrigging, used spoons , rapalas, FF , I’m far from being a expert at this trolling but this was frustrating trying to figure this out ... But I can say one thing it’s better than work .... any advise would be appreciated?? I’m here till Friday and I will make the best of it .. Good Luck All !!!

• Like 1

We are running 2.4- 2.7, surface speed , yes running boards close to docks, and the water is very clear .. over 20 ft to 60ft .. More south you go warmer the water high 40’s low 50’s .. more north you go it’s cooler .. When fishing for lakers in deep water what depth do you usually set your riggers ? 

We are running 2.4- 2.7, surface speed , yes running boards close to docks, and the water is very clear .. over 20 ft to 60ft .. More south you go warmer the water high 40’s low 50’s .. more north you go it’s cooler .. When fishing for lakers in deep water what depth do you usually set your riggers ? 

0 to 200 fow the bottom over 200ft the marks on sonar ... But I don't use riggers for Lakers .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.. new to the lake fishing and trying to sort these fish out. I am docked in Ithaca and so far have been trolling 18-30 feet using stick baits, spoons and rattles and nothing.. not even a bass :(  so I have never gotten a brown or laker and would love to find out what I should be doing.. thanks for any tips

7 minutes ago, sgilbert14 said:

Hi there.. new to the lake fishing and trying to sort these fish out. I am docked in Ithaca and so far have been trolling 18-30 feet using stick baits, spoons and rattles and nothing.. not even a bass :(  so I have never gotten a brown or laker and would love to find out what I should be doing.. thanks for any tips

That fishing is over move to deeper water

ok.. boat runs about 2.4-2.8 mph.. trying different Rapela with anand not a hitd without leader, spoons on a swivel with an attractor and still not a hit.. so I am lost on what I need to do to put a fich in the boat...

We did pretty good on lakers monday.  200' to 400' of water between taughannock and miliken.  Did 10 over 7lbs with 2 10lbers.   Lots of big marks at 150' down. Had a rigger parked there and two wire divers 180 to 200' out.  Flasher/fly and flasher/spin-n-glos.   All took fish.  Copper and lead core with spoons did nothing.  

20180528_105237.jpg

• Like 1