Cayuga Trolling Cayuga lake

That photo is priceless!!  Reminds me of when we first started on Cayuga 6-7 years ago and my kids were shorter than me.  Now they are passing me by but got out with one this weekend for the first time in a couple years.  Headed North from Dean's Cove in the afternoon and stayed between 120 and 200 fow.  Marked loads of fish especially in the 80-100 range.  Brought in a hefty Laker and lost 2 others.  All hits on flasher flies between 80 and 100 feet.  Riggers never fired.  Excited to get back out and hoping to make some regular trips this year.  My question to you all is boat speed.  I don't have a probe to measure speed or temp at depth so just wondering what kind of top water speed I should be working.  Thanks in advance for your responses.

Greg

IMG_20180527_182515.jpg

We did pretty good on lakers monday.  200' to 400' of water between taughannock and miliken.  Did 10 over 7lbs with 2 10lbers.   Lots of big marks at 150' down. Had a rigger parked there and two wire divers 180 to 200' out.  Flasher/fly and flasher/spin-n-glos.   All took fish.  Copper and lead core with spoons did nothing.  
20180528_105237.thumb.jpg.adb0705e0968ba529e4d10d91dc6d554.jpg

That pic is fantastic. Don’t miss a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

13 hours ago, dry net said:

Cheapest and easiest way to slow you boat down is to drag two five gallon buckets with holes drilled in the bottom. Not as cumbersome as you might think. 

We have some hanging off the sides of our boat.  They work awesome and suprisingly hold up really well.  Put them on 2 yrs ago and still going.  Helps to stabilize the boat in the wind too.

• Like 2

Going out on the weekend and just will be dragging buckets. My boat speed seems to be in the 2.4-2.8 and will see what it takes to bring it down a bit. 

Im out of Ithaca so any hints are where the browns are this time of year. Thanks 

I'll have the boat at Johnson's boat yard and head up to the cliffs on the East. I have no issues with going somewhere else as I am really clueless and feeling my way through this until I find fish and get them to bite..

• Like 1

ok I have 2 penn riggers and pucked up spoons, dippsy's, flys etc..off a guy on this site to get me started. I have a Garmin 7sv for a finder.. the slowest I can get the boat down to is about 2.4 mph so I am going to start dragging a bucket..