X4d vs XD fish hawk

I would think the depth of your lure would be worth the extra coin. mine will have blue tooth for sure. for 100.00 ? for sure it will.

You have temp, speed and depth at the ball with the x4d, so there’s no guessing at depth with blow back. Just cable out till the Hawk is in the numbers of the fish on the finder. I used to think the guys that say “ I’d rather loose my finder than my probe”were nuts well I’m not far behind them in there thoughts. 

I recently bought the X4D and if I had it to do over I'd do the same thing:lol: By the way, the Bluetooth capability gives you the ability to have additional display on your cellphone so for example my son can view the same info as on the X4D display when seated away from it elsewhere or up front in the boat. Maybe not a necessity but nice to have. The biggest thing was already mentioned the actual depth that the weight is running/speed gives you an idea when compared with surface speed about possible current and variations in troilling speed and how that influences the position of yor lure

Just another tool in the toolbox. Still have to think through things and pay attention to detail out there:lol:

Tough nut to crack. I have been out a dozen times. On my buddies boat. Only have caught a handful of salmon over the years. We have done well with charters. This will be the first year on my own rig. Super excited to have the rite gear  for the task!!!!!!!