Nice brown out of Henderson Harbor

26.35 pounds. 

In the Henderson Derby, not the LOC. 

We we are all pretty much rookies. It was their first trip with his sons new Boat and setup. It worked. They caught 6 browns and a king their first morning. 

26.35 pounds. 

In the Henderson Derby, not the LOC. 

We we are all pretty much rookies. It was their first trip with his sons new Boat and setup. It worked. They caught 6 browns and a king their first morning. 

A 26lb Brown is epic. Really cool. Bet it put up one hell of a battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

That is a nice fish. I know you said you were fishing walleyes but what were you pulling? How deep? Etc? 

I was not with them, unfortunately.

Fishing 20-30 feet of water. They caught the brown on a spoon, “poor white boy.” I believe it was on 4 colors of lead core. I am not sure of the speed. He does not have riggers in his new Boat yet.

They also had reef runners out on planer boards. I am guessing they were going 2.2 ish but Am not sure. I know when they fished for browns in the morning they were trolling in the high 2’s.

• Like 1

Gotta laugh at the "nice" fish comments.  Like Sollozzo said to Don Corleone "If you think a 26.35 lb. brown is just nice......te salut". 

Thanks for all the comments from my friend. He is not a cell phone/computer person.

He is on a streak of good luck. Killed a bull moose in Newfoundland last year, and a 599 pound black bear in PA the year before.

• Like 1

That’s my dad in the picture, were fishing off my boat.  Fish was caught right off Pillar Point, about 20ft of water.  Caught on a Stinger, Dirty White Boy spoon, off a side planer.  Going about 2.4 mph.  Took us about 30 minutes to get it in, almost didn’t fit in net.  Running 15lb main line with 8lb fluoro leader.  

• Like 1

That’s my dad in the picture, were fishing off my boat.  Fish was caught right off Pillar Point, about 20ft of water.  Caught on a Stinger, Dirty White Boy spoon, off a side planer.  Going about 2.4 mph.  Took us about 30 minutes to get it in, almost didn’t fit in net.  Running 15lb main line with 8lb fluoro leader.  

[emoji106]