evinrude water pump issues

T-Trophy

I put a new water pump kit in a 1995 evinrude 9.9 kicker motor   Now I do not get any water out of the water tube from the motor . The new kit was installed the same way the old kit was installed , I have also blew air thru the lower unit  were the water pump tubing fits in. There is no obstructions as air comes out the water tube from the motor.  Any one have any suggestions ? 

Thank You

Tim    

The impeller has to go in a certain way. You may want to check out this video. Look at 1:38 and see if your impeller is facing the same way

Edited by sszoldra

2x on the keyway on the shaft. Even if you put in in backwards you should get some water.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

maybe the copper tube came off on the upper end where it goes into the block.i have that happen to me before. i put the tube on first in the top and then put lower end back on you can line the tube before the final push to seat the lower end on. hope it helps.

Spiders often build stuff in the water output hole. I'd make sure that isn't it by reeming it out with a wire

Thank You too all you replied with information with my water pump issues. I believe I found the problem, after pulling water pump and checking over everything I noticed the new impeller is slightly larger and a little thicker than the old impeller. I am ordering a Johnson/Evinrude impeller , the new one was a sierra replacement . I will find out this week if that was the problem.

Thank You Again Everyone