Sunday

Dad is coming up for a wedding this weekend will be fishing Sunday. Staying in Newark where and what would you fish. Torn with fishing Ontario as weather may have some storms (as of now) and don't want to bad of winds (not worried about getting wet). Thinking Cayuga Seneca oniedia(sp?) Or browns on the big lake. Whats your thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

Dad is coming up for a wedding this weekend will be fishing Sunday. Staying in Newark where and what would you fish. Torn with fishing Ontario as weather may have some storms (as of now) and don't want to bad of winds (not worried about getting wet). Thinking Cayuga Seneca oniedia(sp?) Or browns on the big lake. Whats your thoughts.

Cayuga from Newark is a haul Seneca Lake would be closer as would Canandaigua Lake. If you're wanting to out onto Ontario I would launch out of Sodus and it's about 25 minutes from Newark even less if you're North of Newark. I used to live in Newark and fished out of Sodus a lot.

• Like 1

Cayuga from Newark is a haul Seneca Lake would be closer as would Canandaigua Lake. If you're wanting to out onto Ontario I would launch out of Sodus and it's about 25 minutes from Newark even less if you're North of Newark. I used to live in Newark and fished out of Sodus a lot.
The tow isn't a huge deal I'll be towing close to 3 hrs just to get to Newark from my house. How's the fishing I'm sodus I've never fished there.

2 minutes ago, Chas0218 said:

x2

5 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

The tow isn't a huge deal I'll be towing close to 3 hrs just to get to Newark from my house. How's the fishing I'm sodus I've never fished there.

I would check the reports section, from what I have heard they are already getting Kings in Oswego so I would imagine you might get into some out of Sodus. I always caught fish out of Sodus not sure what the hot lure is right now but it's hard to go wrong with spoons on riggers. I would also run a sliding cheater and maybe hook up with some Steelhead up high (if you're targeting Salmon).

Edited by Chas0218

I would check the reports section, from what I have heard they are already getting Kings in Oswego so I would imagine you might get into some out of Sodus. I always caught fish out of Sodus not sure what the hot lure is right now but it's hard to go wrong with spoons on riggers.
I was hoping they would hold in tight for another week but looks like they all went out deep last few days.

Well it is really dependant on the temps, If we get a good south wind the colder water will push in closer to shore. That will bring the fish in shallower. You could target browns out in front of Maxwell, look to see how Yankee Troller is doing on the browns. Usually his reports are spot on and give a good amount of info. I would also look into the archives at this time of year 1 year ago and see what they were catching them on. I know i had good luck 2 years ago on Bloody death dreamweavers and Silver stingers with green ice ladder (can't remember the name). Really you will need to try different colors until you get a hit then replicate as much as you can until it stops working then change it up again.

• Like 1

Newark is a great location for all the lakes. Sodus 1/2 hr, Seneca north end 1/2 hr, Canandaigua north end 1/2 hr, Deans cove Cayuga 40min. I’d stay away from Seneca unless your getting into the derby just from the boat traffic.

With the predicted winds this weekend I’d do Sodus. If the reports there start to be dismal I’d do Cayuga.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

I'm definitely looking at Dean's cove for cayuga or Ontario (sodus or ???). Weather looks like south winds as of now. The browns should still be active right? I've never targeted them so will be very new to that lol

I watch Yankee on Facebook his reports as well as others are excellent for us weekend guys glad so many take the time to post them really helps us out.

if you go to Ontario another option would be hughes marina . might be a little easier to launch your sports craft and shorter trip to the lake . from newark 88 north to sodus at light take left on main st / 88 to 104 left on 104 then right on townline rd to lake rd left on lake rd will see hughes on right little past townline . 

• Like 1

if you go to Ontario another option would be hughes marina . might be a little easier to launch your sports craft and shorter trip to the lake . from newark 88 north to sodus at light take left on main st / 88 to 104 left on 104 then right on townline rd to lake rd left on lake rd will see hughes on right little past townline . 
Will check it out....thanks!

another option might be warm water fish in sodus bay this time of year there should be rock bass in there looking to spawn may well also find perch smallmouth crappie (might be late) even some walleye around.  that way you can shelter around islands if needed.  as for trout and salmon hughes is where i launch out of the most for lake O.   fishing can be good all through that area  its really the weather that dictates.  seneca will be crowded its derby weekend its a fun derby to fish but if your not in it I would recomend avoiding seneca.  Cayuga is nice because as long as the wind isnt due south or north at least one side of the lake should be calm.