Canan. Wed.

Doozer

Back at it this morning. In front of German Bros.

2 small lakers and 2 rainbows. Lost a nice one on a green dodger gr. Howie Fly. Also broke it all off. My 8lb. Hemlock leaders are too light I guess.

That was a good fish.

Again Orange, Copper, Grey, Green Stingers and Chrokodiles.

50 and 60 ft down over 100 to 140 ft.

The wire went off the most.

Sounds like you're picking it up pretty fast. Congrats. I'm new to fishing on Canandaigua. Only have one rigger (it's a Cannon mini that only goes down to about 100 if that). I have about a 6 lb. weight on it so the depth most likely varies with speed and wind. I'm afraid it's too small for fishing Canandaigua. Any input guys? I fished the other night from about 4-7 on the West side from Menteth to German Brothers 50-60 over 100. The color I was using was purple. Sounds like I should switch over to a greenish or even orange. Any feedback for my setup anyone. I would greatly appreciate it.

Maybe pick up a couple of Dipsys. You don't have to go as far as buying wire. Mono works, or a brade is even better.

That rigger should be fine. You should be able to make the 50 or 60 ft. pretty easy. Stack one above the first line.

Wish i had more time to fish. Back to work.

I use 30 lb. test on rigger rods and 30 lb 9' leaders for dipsies for fleas, but also I don't think the fish know the difference. Berkley Green or clear and Ande 30 lb pink work equally well. I used to run lighter leaders tying spoons direct no swivel, but your asking for break offs. I think it's all about the action of your attractor and flies and colors and scent. I have a 10 lb ball you may have ( PM me where you live), I run sharks now and fish weights but keep 12 lb Tru Tracs on board for emergencies. A 6 lb ball will give you too much cable swingback fishing below 25 feet I would think. I can accomodate some anglers willing to fish Sunday morning if you are interested. How about it? Also HEY troutman10, fireplug, mongo, LTTRoller, trouriggin9n88 whatcha all doin? How about a last hurrah before the weather changes? call me 394 2028 boat is in Woodville at marina. Let's go I know it's suppose to rain but you can stand under the top!

FLX,

Thanks for the help and invite. I saw the invite tonight (Sunday) because I've been away for the weekend. This past weekend I was able to get out and bow hunt for the Northern opener up near Watertown where I'm originally from. The line that I've been using on my pole is 12 or 15 lb. test. Is that too light for my downrigger? Is a 12 lb. ball too heavy for my small downrigger? Also, I'm unfamiliar with dipseys. What size would I need and how do I know how deep it would be running after I put it down? Thanks for the help in advance. I'm excited to figure out this lake a little better.