Perch

Flanman

On one of the bays Within site of Lake Ontario !!!! I'm sorry but I don't divulge the perch spots as I have in the past only to return to a LOT of people being there !!!! LOL -Crappie, Perch, Ramps, and Wild Mushrooms - a man has to keep certain location info close to the vest.  

• Like 1

On one of the bays Within site of Lake Ontario !!!! I'm sorry but I don't divulge the perch spots as I have in the past only to return to a LOT of people being there !!!! LOL -Crappie, Perch, Ramps, and Wild Mushrooms - a man has to keep certain location info close to the vest.  

I couldn't agree with you more. Some things are best not divulged.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 month later...

I talked to the launch guy at Hanover launch at the Cat on Monday. He said that last week, a couple of guys came in with 96 perch but the guys next to them had 16. I have heard of a few others that have hit them off the Cat a few weeks ago and saw people set up on the perch beds in 55' straight out when I came in. In my opinion, I think they were around because of the cold water upwelling in that area last week that drove the bait in followed by the perch. I did mark schools of something on the bottom in 75-80' but all the eyes I caught out there were spitting up smelt. I think those bottom fish were probably smelt and not perch. Good luck if you try and let us know.

While trolling out of Sturgeon Point last Sunday we trolled through 2 massive schools of perch....... 20 feet thick. But they were suspended 25 to 45 down. I don't remember the depth they were marked in, but we spent most of the day between 55 and 65 fow. They were agressively feeding, as we took perch on stickbaits and harnesses when passing through the schools. I haven't fished for perch in probably 3 weeks, but if you have the time to fish for them, you might as well pick up some goldies and give it a try. 

Never ended up going for perch, but I did go about 2 weeks ago and just like traveling circus said, we found a school that was about 20 ft thick in about 55ft straight off 18mile. But they were moving I got anchored on them and they only stuck around for about 20 mins as you could see in the screen the school slowly getting smaller. Marked a few more schools throughout the day but couldn't get the anchor to catch before we got off of them. I need to get spot lock for my trolling motor that has to be such an awesome tool to have!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1