Cayuga south end 9/24

mjb377

Went out of Ithaca for a couple of hours this morning. Time was short so I fished the south end, near the Cornell bouys and along the drop off. Caught 3 landlocks, none were legal. Marked tons of fish and bait from about 45 ft down to about 90. Spoons and peanut flies brought the fish.

Anybody catching any browns or legal salmon in this area yet?

- Matt

We saw 2 boats working around Meyers, trolling in shallower water than I have seen since April, I could not tell if they were getting into fish or not. We stuck with the deep program, small LLs and browns on the riggers, bunch of lakers on the wire, nice day on the water!

Did fish down towards Ithica on Thursday, nothing to mention though but weeds and flee's. Also worked the lake on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday with min. luck. Fish we caught were fat with lockjaw. Had better success up around power plant, lost a nice Bow and caught a 4 lb. LL and some decent Lakers and a few hangers, dinks, shakers, etc. Spoons with purple and pink did all the damage, down at varying depths all below 40' though. Lack of H2O is hurting the pre spawn feeding frenzy, the lake seems to be on hold just waiting, much like my work.

The Remedy